Big ol' Contrafarming discussion thread
(07-04-2012, 05:51 PM)Tingfinder Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 05:49 PM)Warior135 Wrote: I dont really have an issue with IT, Its just the little danish kids who say "O MAI GUD U KILLED MAH WUUDZ, I TUL UDMUN AND FWAIM U FOR RUNDUM RAD!!!"

Our translators are still trying to see what it means...

Someone might find it offensive that you call those kids "danish". Not all of them are danish. Just saying.

And some of the Americans Tounge

But I have hardly ever seen any English trash-talkers, Witch is odd since we have the chavs Tounge
The following 2 users Like Warior135's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog, Blonde
I don't like contrafarming because it's really boring. You sit in a room with some machines that click and puke up some money every few minutes. Earning money effortlessly is great, but I prefer actually doing stuff, taking part in RP events and interacting with others. It's more fun, and hey, the losses aren't so great if the server crashes early on.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Yeah that's why I prefer doing it with some friends, doing it alone is boring as hell
Even with friends, though, I'd imagine it to be boring.

Now if a hostage situation was thrown into the mix... that would be a different story.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Like I've said, not everyone can donate $2.50 for 50k. I do myself, but that's only because how often the server crashes makes contraband not worth it IMO
I don't mind it. It's a great source of cash.
My only issue with contra farming is when one or multiple of these happens:

1. The base consumes a major RP zone: Cub foods, flea market, tides, Blue offices, TV Station, Pool etc.
2. The base acts as a giant Raid me sign for the police, with the people inside almost insighting them to attack.
3. The base is constructed to be borderline doomfort
4. The players inside become so paranoid about guarding their contra inside that it begins to effect the passive RP in the local area
5. So many people are farming that the RP on the server drops to an insane low.
6. So many contra farms are active on the server with bases that the server prop limit is nearly reached, disallowing large scale RP zones to be placed
7. Many more

If any one of these is active on a base or on server, contra farming becomes an issue in my eyes
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 5 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • DerStorm, Flux, Ms. Mudpie, Spartanjunior, StillAlive
(07-04-2012, 05:49 PM)Warior135 Wrote: "O MAI GUD U KILLED MAH WUUDZ, I TUL UDMUN AND FWAIM U FOR RUNDUM RAD

Our translators are still trying to see what it means...

"Ohw my god u killed me woot!, I tell an admin and ban you for random raid"... Or atleast thats what I get it to Tounge

Well yeah contraswhoring is cool now and then, but I prefere to bust your asses with my cop gun, well if it aint a doomfort...
I do it once I'm in a situation to. If it gets boring though.. *grabs the cash and reaches for the door*
My issue with contrafarming is that it begins to turn us into a darkrp community with everyone building epic forts, also more people break rules (NLR/RDM) when contra is involved because its so valuable. I have almost 200 hours on the server and i haven't spawned a single contra in that time. If everyone is out contra farming, who is roleplaying?