How long.
I personaly think that admins should say the length of ban time,

Reasons:

-It piss's people off because they dont know WHEN to reconenct

-The unban template says LENGTH OF BAN TIME: we dont know how long

- we wont know unless we chat with some one through steam etc. and get some one else involded in asking how long they are banned for.

- and a couple more reasons i forgot,

Please, Admins and any one else reply their suggestion about this, and if you can, explain why.
Boom Headshot!.........Angel
Simply put, it takes too long to add a time and a reason.
I've only been admin for a few days, but the commands you have to know and the speed at which you have to execute them is amazing.

Maybe this could link in to the other suggestion that's on the forums.
I wonder if it's closed.
Re-visit.
I managed to play 350 hours on the FL server without a SINGLE ban.

Because I read the rules. It's not hard to do.

So how about that as a suggestion instead? People read the rules? Then we won't even have to ban - and this will be a non-issue.

I also explain to people how long they're banned for usually.
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • Crownguard
I was banned once for disconnecting with car out. I asked on the fourms and defended myself (I acctually had to leave) and they cleared it all up...ask on the fourms and they'll tell you.
Well the problem is that you can't see it because of the Admin Mod, we had an Admin Mod once which showed you a screen "Banned" with reason and length when you joined or something but that sucked badly in all other things.

I don't know whether Soul is able to rescript ULX so it shows the banlenght...
Dare to think!
Or alternatively, people could just read the rules once in a while - not rulebreak - then never worry about getting banned Smile

We can but dream ....
(12-30-2010, 05:11 PM)Nudelholz Wrote: Well the problem is that you can't see it because of the Admin Mod, we had an Admin Mod once which showed you a screen "Banned" with reason and length when you joined or something but that sucked badly in all other things.

Soul told me before we have something that shows the bans for ULX on the fourms here but he never put it in.

Maybe we should. Be easyer for people to know how long they got banned for and the reason so they dont have to make a unban request to know why and say "idk I think it was a perma"
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
(01-01-2011, 06:41 PM)MikeyTheFox Wrote:
(12-30-2010, 05:11 PM)Nudelholz Wrote: Well the problem is that you can't see it because of the Admin Mod, we had an Admin Mod once which showed you a screen "Banned" with reason and length when you joined or something but that sucked badly in all other things.

Soul told me before we have something that shows the bans for ULX on the fourms here but he never put it in.

Maybe we should. Be easyer for people to know how long they got banned for and the reason so they dont have to make a unban request to know why and say "idk I think it was a perma"

That ULX plugin wasn't working, I keep getting errors.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Why don't we use sourcebans ?
-Signature removed-
That's what I said!.. I always get ignored ;(