The great religion discussion thread
Question 
*note* I know we had a thread somewhat like this previously, which asked "what religion (if any) do you belong to?". A ton of discussions about life, religion and cultures popped up on that thread, but unfortunately that was not OP's wish, so he had it closed. It is my wish though. Debates are healthy and incite interest in other viewpoints etc.

So..

My opinion on religion is akin to that of my opinion to monarchy. It is useless, stupid and redundant in this age of ours. I understand why people seek refuge in the belief of a god that wants to help you (especially in poorer countries), but most safe people really don't have a reason to be religious. I think religion holds civil rights back (homosexuality, equality), in some cases can incite discrimination (gender and sexuality), and I just think that is fucking barbaric in our time. I think anyone who has a problem with homosexuality because "LAWL THE MAN IN THE SKY SAYS SO", shouldn't be allowed a voice or vote in our society (well that is a bit of an exaggeration, but you catch ma drift), because that is just not constructive (because lets face it, what reasons are there, for homosexuality not being allowed?)
With that being said, I am still totally fine with people being religious, I just wish they weren't. Now you will scream "DEPRIVATION OF FREEDOM!", and that would be completely wrong. While I wish people didn't believe in the man in the sky, I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER force anyone to be atheist.

So.. What is your general opinion of religions and stuffs?
Well my general opinion used to be that is was stupid and dumb but that was when i was still an atheist but my opinion on that changed pretty much when i discovered Norse mythology actually counts as a religion. Altough i am a religious man now (altough not fanatically religious) i still kinda feel sometimes as if gods don't exsist.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

(06-27-2012, 07:18 PM)Ghost_walker Wrote: Well my general opinion used to be that is was stupid and dumb but that was when i was still an atheist but my opinion on that changed pretty much when i discovered Norse mythology actually counts as a religion. Altough i am a religious man now (altough not fanatically religious) i still kinda feel sometimes as if gods don't exsist.

Do you know what "mythology" means?
Places of prayer are pretty swag.

[Image: 3413043478_e1dd5361b1.jpg]
[Image: Inside+basilica+looking+back+HDR_edit.jpg]
[Image: vfiles8492.jpg]
Lady of Victory Basilica, before anyone asks.

My personal belief is that I can't honestly know if theirs an afterlife or not. Only time will tell.
http://www.venganza.org/

i belive in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
The following 1 user Likes danishmaifa's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog
There was a thread about this already, and if another one is made, it will just lead to more arguing and flame wars.
I can say this, talking about this subject. leads to hate/flame/ rage..

why, cause I can say this I don't believe at all, and I understand why people do and sometimes I don't
I understand it Cause people need something to hold on to fix every question (ex. What if I die).

I don't understand cause some are so in this things. that Its all they got and only thing they do is spread it. And they forget to life.
they only believe and do what they think its best for there Religion.

How ever they should not - Never - be removed from the world.

Cause They are helpful for some people to not drive nuts, and also its a main line in how people should and shouldn't act.

ex. Giving your seat to a old male/female cause your young anyway. so they can sit.
To be honest with you all, I am a Christian and I respect the teaching the bible and god have given us but I do see why a lot of people are tired of getting scolded of Christian fanatics and getting our beliefs forced down their throat. But if you stepped away from it all for just a single moment so think of it like this: We think embracing Christianity is only way of escaping the bowels of hell so perhaps it isn’t that bad again. My fellow Christians are only trying to save you from what we think is going to happen in the afterlife, we’re trying to help you and give you a fine list of moral values and rules. Again there is another but to this as I also respect peoples right to believe in what they want to and also their right to refrain from believing anything at all.

Oh yes and before I hear anything about Christians bullying atheist then I would like to mention that atheists are doing the exact same thing to Christians here in Denmark. It seems religion isn’t the problem, people is the problem. Blaming religion for anything is kind of the same thing as blaming a gun for killing somebody, it just doesn’t make sense. Now lets see if we can keep this debate nice and clean without any flaming or verbal assaults. We’re all civilized persons so lets all be mature.
(07-03-2012, 07:58 PM)DerStorm Wrote: To be honest with you all, I am a Christian and I respect the teaching the bible and god have given us but I do see why a lot of people are tired of getting scolded of Christian fanatics and getting our beliefs forced down their throat. But if you stepped away from it all for just a single moment so think of it like this: We think embracing Christianity is only way of escaping the bowels of hell so perhaps it isn’t that bad again. My fellow Christians are only trying to save you from what we think is going to happen in the afterlife, we’re trying to help you and give you a fine list of moral values and rules. Again there is another but to this as I also respect peoples right to believe in what they want to and also their right to refrain from believing anything at all.

Oh yes and before I hear anything about Christians bullying atheist then I would like to mention that atheists are doing the exact same thing to Christians here in Denmark. It seems religion isn’t the problem, people is the problem. Blaming religion for anything is kind of the same thing as blaming a gun for killing somebody, it just doesn’t make sense. Now lets see if we can keep this debate nice and clean without any flaming or verbal assaults. We’re all civilized persons so lets all be mature.

the thing about hell mate is most religions have one and if ur not a beliver u will go to hell, its just a way to get people to join whatever you belive in rly. if i had to pick a religion to join i would join Buddhism and i don't even like that one that much so i will stay with my religion i have now the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster http://www.venganza.org/

join me none belivers Cheese
(07-03-2012, 12:07 PM)Sir Fiddlesticks Wrote: There was a thread about this already, and if another one is made, it will just lead to more arguing and flame wars.

Read. The. First. Fucking. Post. For. Fuch's. Sake.
The following 1 user Likes Dylan's post:
  • FuttBucker24