One week of V2p
I still would like this map, maybe we can try it in Gmod 13 when we are less prone to crashes and (maybe) can have more than 50 slots on the server.
(10-02-2012, 05:14 PM)Catkillerfive Wrote: I still would like this map, maybe we can try it in Gmod 13 when we are less prone to crashes and (maybe) can have more than 50 slots on the server.

Not a great idea to have more than 50 slots.
If we have a server with 50 slots currently and it lags to the extent it feels like a DDoS then adding more slots would only increase that. The only way to make it work okay would be to have a second dedicated server, which, of course is more money/cost.

I would love a larger server but is v2d big enough for these players? I would love to take 4-5 of the evocity maps and push them together making a huge city like thing instead of well... a town haha.

I sent SoulRipper a message with info of a US based dedicated provider at a low cost with great hardware. It may half make his cost less meaning another server might be viable but currently from what I understand it's not finnancially viable.

(These "DDoS" things are a myth. I've seen it. It's only when people build or theres a lot of built stuff)
(10-02-2012, 05:25 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote: -snip-

Firstly, he brought up the fact of more slots due to the assumption that GMod 13 will improve stability, this is yet to be known.

Also, they were talking about v2p which from what I hear, is one hell of a huge ass map.

Interesting about the US provider though, although Soul will be the only one to et back to you on that.
(10-02-2012, 05:44 PM)Adman Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 05:25 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote: -snip-

Firstly, he brought up the fact of more slots due to the assumption that GMod 13 will improve stability, this is yet to be known.

Also, they were talking about v2p which from what I hear, is one hell of a huge ass map.

Interesting about the US provider though, although Soul will be the only one to et back to you on that.

I thought he meant v2d. I'm sorry. Honestly though I'm in the UK so the host currently is great for me but has its huge downsides due to it hosting 4-6 servers or something currently.
(10-02-2012, 05:25 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote: info of a US based dedicated provider

Erm, correct me if i'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Fearless us a EU community, not US.
+ Support
Ahhh
v2p
Those were the great FearLess times
However sadly back then there weren't many people there
Simply I won't give loads of points and will just say
Huge Russian +support
[/size]For the people that doesn't know the V2P map this is some ingame footage becouse i diden't know either.
Click Here.[/php]
I mostly love working train system, better buildings placement, streets design, jails, long (sometimes frustrating) roads and execution room where you get incinerated >:]
(10-02-2012, 09:41 PM)Catkillerfive Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 05:25 PM)TheMonsterMash Wrote: info of a US based dedicated provider

Erm, correct me if i'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Fearless us a EU community, not US.

it is MEANT to be EU but a lot of players are from the US now so I would classify it as a international community