A new PC.
Question 
Hi, it's the time to buy a new pc.

I want to buy one of two pc's:

Intel Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Quad Core 3.40 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics

Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator

MSI Z77A-G43 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 1x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI

8GB (2x4GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

450Watt Standard Power Supply

1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive

HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system...figurator/

AMD:

AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G (780L) Chipset DDR3 Socket AM3+ Micro-ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, 1 PCIe X16, 1 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI

8GB (2x4GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

450Watt Standard Power Supply

1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive

HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system...figurator/

I really have no clue on which one to buy. The AMD pc is a lot cheaper, but I'm thinking that's a bad thing.

All I need the PC to do is to run the following games smoothly:

Garry's Mod
Minecraft
Gta: San Andreas
Arma 2

Thanks for your time!
The first one has potential. If i where you, i would pick the first one :-D Also because Asus has alot of experiences with gaming PC's.

Current games are optimized for only making use of 3/4 cores, so currently i would go for the first one..

Ps. I am an Amd fan but i'm just being realistic.
"You do not know what you have, until it is gone."
You know when you read a bunch of numbers and letters that doesn't make sense too you.

[Image: 7qC1X.png]

Pokerface
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Blonde, RandomPandaX78
(06-21-2012, 07:59 PM)Tingfinder Wrote: The first one has potential. If i where you, i would pick the first one :-D Also because Asus has alot of experiences with gaming PC's.

Nothing on the above PC has anything to do with ASUS, ASUS and Asetek are two different companies.

(06-21-2012, 08:05 PM)AleksaKiller Wrote: Current games are optimized for only making use of 3/4 cores, so currently i would go for the first one..

No matter look at the potential that the second build brings, though games only optimize up to a quad core, the FX-8120 has something similar to hyper-threading meaning spreading the resources among the cores, so it extends the lifetime of the CPU. The AMD one is cheaper and that opens up more possibilities, especially in the context that with the money in between he can buy a better Graphics Card, so he is not bottlenecking the crap out of a decent CPU. Its not necessarily a bad thing, AMD is always priced under Intel for the reason that you get what you pay for. AMD trades off a Price to Performance ratio that Intel does not offer. Instead you are given a higher price on the basis of a higher quality product. Benchmarks show in an application setting that both the FX-8120 and the mentioned i5 are on par in the application settings, as well as being fairly equal on the gaming level.
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • RandomPandaX78
(06-21-2012, 08:50 PM)wweee2345 Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:59 PM)Tingfinder Wrote: The first one has potential. If i where you, i would pick the first one :-D Also because Asus has alot of experiences with gaming PC's.

Nothing on the above PC has anything to do with ASUS, ASUS and Asetek are two different companies.

(06-21-2012, 08:05 PM)AleksaKiller Wrote: Current games are optimized for only making use of 3/4 cores, so currently i would go for the first one..

No matter look at the potential that the second build brings, though games only optimize up to a quad core, the FX-8120 has something similar to hyper-threading meaning spreading the resources among the cores, so it extends the lifetime of the CPU. The AMD one is cheaper and that opens up more possibilities, especially in the context that with the money in between he can buy a better Graphics Card, so he is not bottlenecking the crap out of a decent CPU. Its not necessarily a bad thing, AMD is always priced under Intel for the reason that you get what you pay for. AMD trades off a Price to Performance ratio that Intel does not offer. Instead you are given a higher price on the basis of a higher quality product. Benchmarks show in an application setting that both the FX-8120 and the mentioned i5 are on par in the application settings, as well as being fairly equal on the gaming level.

Now I'm most likely to buy the AMD. What graphics card should I upgrade it to with out spending too much more and is there anything else I should upgrade?

What about this graphics card?
AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe

Thanks!
(06-22-2012, 12:37 PM)RandomPandaX78 Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 08:50 PM)wweee2345 Wrote:

Now I'm most likely to buy the AMD. What graphics card should I upgrade it to with out spending too much more and is there anything else I should upgrade?

What about this graphics card?
AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe

Thanks!

The AMD Radeon HD 6770 would probably be fine, but you'd be a bit better off with the AMD Radeon HD 6850. It has a bit better performance rating and its only $2 more on this thread. Ill see if I can find any comparison:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rade...,2776.html
I can almost guarantee that it would be a better card to get.
Intel, Always Intel.
Listen to wweee and I. Get the AMD. for the games that you need to play, the AMD computer is enough with it's cheaper price.
[Image: kby7oh.jpg]

Thanks Reliqua (:
(06-22-2012, 04:40 PM)Jamie Wrote: Intel, Always Intel.