Banned for "Hacking"
Your name: Rarity
Your ban ID: 11247
Banned by: [FL] Shadow
Server: v33x
Involved: Rarity (me) [FL] Shadow (admin) Slushy (friend)
Why we should unban you: My friend Slushy told me that you could make your character wave in the console by typing in /act wave, so I went to go type it in but when I typed in the first three letters (act) I came across a thing called activate_crash. So me being the curious person I am I clicked it but nothing happened. But about two minutes later I was kick so I tried to recconect but it says I was banned and the reason was at this forum. When I got here it says I was banned for hacking!
My friend Slushy who was still in the server told the admin I wasn't hacking but all he replied with was "idc"! If I didn't know any better, typing things in the console that don't work for me isn't hacking.

I would appreciate an unban since I play on this server quite often.

Screenshot proof:

( You may need too zoom in because chat is quite small)
Me being banned
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rice96/scre...686360745/?
Admin telling Slushy that he doesn't care:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rice96/scre...686357495/?
Yeah, I said I don't care, we have a zero tolerancy on Hacking/ Cheating / Gameplay tampering, in your case, a command that can crash the server.
Using the console isn't hacking or cheating though.
(06-18-2012, 05:12 PM)Shadow Wrote: Yeah, I said I don't care, we have a zero tolerancy on Hacking/ Cheating / Gameplay tampering, in your case, a command that can crash the server.
You say that you have a zero tolerancy on Hacking/ Cheating / Gameplay tampering althought in my case my accidental experiment did neither tamper with the game, Hack the game or cheat in the game.
I am a witness of this incident, I was the person who took the screen shoots in link above, but one thing i am shocked about is that the admin did not analyse the situation at all, and i do think this is a very unfair ban. I was also the person that said why did you ban him he just used the console, and the answer to that was "idc", if he didn't care he wouldn't have banned him, this shows that the admin couldn't even be botherd to explain why he banned him. that is a pathetic attitude from at admin, a admin should be setting the standard for other people, as a lot of people look up to admins.
You can say all you want. I did what anyone would of done. If you said, that you did it "Experimental"
then why did you not inform an Admin on the server about this "Command"? You tried the command several times, not just once. Do you see my point?

And I said: "Idc", cause I had better things to do, other Admin calls, Roleplay, Etc.
Trying to crash our server by abusing glitch commands falls under gameplay tampering. Thanks for visiting our community, good luck finding a new one.