Ban Request Sir Fiddlesticks
Name of player: Sir Fiddlesticks

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:21079977

Time in GMT: A little bit ago

Server: V2D

Summary: Before his name there are these symbols [ϟϟ]
See these symbols are also the symbols of Schutzstaffel. If you do not know who they are then click the name.

[Image: 287px-Schutzstaffel_Abzeichen.svg.png]
The picture above is of the Insignia.

Evidence:

[Image: scaled.php?server=827&filename=hl2201206...es=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=571&filename=hl2201206...es=landing]
[Image: cbfBB.png]

Showing it up closer, saw Fultz's pic didn't zoom in so well.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Pretty sure I remember him submitting a BR showing him using that tag. If names like Adolf Hitler are bannable, this should be. It's pretty much the same as having Swastikas in your name/avatar.

User was warned for: Posting in a thread without the sufficient right
Did anyone ACTUALLY take offence to this, or are you trying to get him banned just because you can. Things like this may be offencive but if it does no affect you directly, leave it alone.

They have absolutely nothing to do with that, it is the Marine Scout Sniper symbol. I hope to be in the Scout Snipers some day. I'm not a skinhead or anything.

Google Scout Snipers and you'll see that logo ffs.

I didn't know it had anything to do with Schutzstaffel, whatever the fuck that is.
Still a sign showing Nazticism.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/201...go-020912/

It is still a Nazi Logo.

People that are jewish could take High Offense to this, I dont think I need to explain myself why.
I just took it off, I didn't know it meant Schutzstaffel. I honestly meant for it to be the Marine Scout Sniper logo. Sorry if anyone took offense to that.
I do have some knowledge on this topic; hopefully I can help clear up some things.

The Scout Snipers share the same logo as the Nazi SS used to, but the symbol was in use before the Nazi SS started using it. This is similar to the Swastika incident, the symbol stands for good fortune in Buddhism, and the Nazi Party adopted it to fit their own purposes. The only difference between the Nazi SS and Scout Sniper symbols are that the Nazi SS symbol was specifically black, whilst the Scout Snipers use other colors; I've only seen it in blue myself.

The symbol represents victory, which is probably why both used it. Although the Scout Snipers have stopped using that symbol after a picture of a group standing beside the symbol went out and strong public criticism stopped the practice.

Summary: Both used it, could be interpreted in many ways, even originally meaning victory. The symbol is one of hundreds of symbols the Nazis stole then called their own. Not necessarily could stand for Nazi SS. It all just depends on interpretation whether or not you are offended by this. If he kept it on even once he knew this was widely regarded as Nazi SS that would be offensive, but he changed after you made him realize his mistake. Glad this is all cleared up now.

Clan Needed Tounge
Fiddle did not mean it to be offensive and has taken it off. I see no reason to serve a punishment if he has learned his lesson already.

Just because some people don't find something offensive doesn't mean everyone doesn't find it offensive.

Side note to players who have been warned on this thread: Stop posting in ban requests that do not directly involve you.

Ban request denied.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!