Dead Space 3 Reveal
Yes....YES!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLioBaGT94

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited. What's your opinion on the gameplay? Personally, I'll want the old plasma cutter modes back and take away the crouch+forward roll.
Well, it's incredibly soon after Dead Space 2.. Smells like EA forced Visceral to rush it for some faster monies.

Co-op would NOT work, this is Dead Space, keep it isolated.

Still, I hope Visceral still has most of the say and it turns out well, I like the Dead Space series.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • earl
(06-06-2012, 11:35 PM)Faustie Wrote: Well, it's incredibly soon after Dead Space 2.. Smells like EA forced Visceral to rush it for some faster monies.

Co-op would NOT work, this is Dead Space, keep it isolated.

Still, I hope Visceral still has most of the say and it turns out well, I like the Dead Space series.

In the end, co-op is gonna be in DS3. Sure it's gonna kill the atmosphere in the game, but it's always nice to play with a buddy now and again. Have you heard that they completely threw out the secondary fire of the plasma cutter? Big mistake.
Oh dear I just watched it. It's now literally pure action, and no horror. The co-op completely ruins the tense isolated feel that made the first two games feel similar to Alien/Aliens respectively.

God damnit EA, thanks again.
(06-06-2012, 11:40 PM)Faustie Wrote: Oh dear I just watched it. It's now literally pure action, and no horror. The co-op completely ruins the tense isolated feel that made the first two games feel similar to Alien/Aliens respectively.

God damnit EA, thanks again.

EA: 2nd greediest game publisher in the world.

I'm still going to get it, I don't give up on Dead Space, ever.

EDIT: The co-op is different to the single-player experience. Events in co-op won't happen in single-player, so maybe the isolated feeling is still there.
Let's look at the general direction..

Dead Space - Fairly Terrifying, very good claustrophobic atmosphere.

Dead Space 2 - Not much horror, more of an action direction, cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes, story is worse than DS1 but survives.

Dead Space 3 - Initial views. No horror, pure action, there's a soldier character and cover shooting mechanisms.
(06-06-2012, 11:52 PM)Faustie Wrote: Let's look at the general direction..

Dead Space - Fairly Terrifying, very good claustrophobic atmosphere.

Dead Space 2 - Not much horror, more of an action direction, cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes, story is worse than DS1 but survives.

Dead Space 3 - Initial views. No horror, pure action, there's a soldier character and cover shooting mechanisms.

Simple things that SHOULD/SHOULDN'T be in Dead Space 3:

1. That Dead Space atmosphere.
2. Throw that cover-and-fire mechanism out.
3. No soldiers, please.
4. Bring back the old Plasma Cutter.
It goes deeper than that.. Just compare the music in it, the level design, the fights, the level of horror, the fact there is even co-op.. Compare all that with the first game, you'll see just how much worse it is.

This is no longer a Dead Space game.
Quote:This is no longer a Dead Space game.

Even Isaac looks different...

You still gonna get it?
ellie grew her eye back......