Finally getting a new PC (Well, I hope so)
Hey you guys. It seems like I'm finally getting an actual gamer PC. Well, with that said I wanted your opinion first. So can you tell me if this is what I should buy, or if I can get something better/similar for less money etc. stuff like that.

Here's a bit about the one I've chosen so far. Well, my dad looked it up so I'm just translating his message

Quote:"Just looked at Proshop and I found one for 7500 kr. (that's about 1250$). It's made with the latest chipset and an nVidia GTX 560 graphiccard together with an SSD disk.

Components:
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K - 3.4 GHz - 4 kerner 4 tråde ( Ivy Bridge )
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
Motherboard: P8Z77-V LX ( Ivy Bridge )
Memory: Kingston DDR3 - 1600 MHz - 8GB (2x4) HyperX (grey series)
Graphicscard: Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 1GB
Harddisk 1: OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB SSD
Optical drive 1: SH-222AB DVD±RW Black
Cabinet: Antec Three Hundred Midi Tower
Powersupply: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8-CM-730W 80Plus Bronze (85-88% effektiv) Modulær"

So, that's what he wrote. Please give me some opinions because I don't know anything about computers at all.

Don't tell me to just buy some components and build my own. I will not do that and I do not care whether it's much better, cheaper and blabla.
Replace the SSD Vertex 3 with Vertex 2. Vertex 3 has alot of issues including jamming.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
Thats pretty decent Stillalive.
Will I be able to play Metro 2033, ArmA II (eventually III), Battlefield 3 and other high end games in good quality? That's what matters.
Why dont you find a website that lets you decide what to put in it, then they build it... Its alot cheaper and alot better than buying a pre-built computer. :S
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Because that's quite expensive to do and I don't know anything about what's good to have/don't have.
The SSD is too small. 120GB will leave you with, after windows installs, 100GB or a little less then that. 100GB is not a lot of storage space, I suggest finding a different drive. The point of SSD is to put files you will be using a lot (like the windows operating system and startup files) on them so that your computer runs a little faster. (SSD is very fast) However, they don't have a lot of space. I suggest adding in an additional hard drive, at least 500GB.

The Video card is one generation older then the current one. that is not bad, it is just... well, older. It isn't as good as the newest generation. I currently have a Radeon HD 6770, that is 1 generation or series old, the newest would be 7770. however, it still runs games well. (Ultra quality) the graphics card you have is.. fine, I suppose. It is a little better then my current one; I think you'll be satisfied.

The power supply is an unknown brand. That is bad. It could be a 100% great power supply, however many power supplies from brands like that might not give off the power they say they do due to cheap parts or they could not work completely. however, it does have a 80Plus Bronze, so that is good. I don't know what this is "(85-88% effektiv)". If Effektiv is effective, that could be the power supply will output 85%-88% of the said power (700w) usually. This can bottleneck your system if it is giving the system parts enough power to run, but not enough to run at full efficiency. Plus, it can cause overheat if the fans don't gen enough power. Even though it could be fine, personally I wouldn't build a PC with that power supply.

Everything else is good. It is a good PC. However, I think you should check on that power supply and you NEED another hard drive. If you need any other help, feel free to ask me. If you want to check out a site that you can pick whats in your PC and they build it for you, (Never tried it, heard good things though) here is a site : http://www.ibuypower.com/ - Their prices seem good. Like I said, I don't know the credibility of these sites myself, so be careful. Again, if you need anything else just ask. Smile
[Image: kby7oh.jpg]

Thanks Reliqua (:
See, that is something I can use. Thank you for the effective answer, Ruskin. Really appreciate it!

Well, if I told you it would only be needed for gaming and nothing else than that? I use my Mac Air to storage files like documents, movies, pictures and so on. Which means that the only stuff being stored on the PC is games, skype and maybe teamspeak.

With that said would it then be alright with 100GB? Or do you still think it's a little too little. The problem is that the PC is already built so I don't know whether it's possible to change anything in it.
(06-05-2012, 06:18 PM)StillAlive Wrote: See, that is something I can use. Thank you for the effective answer, Ruskin. Really appreciate it!

Well, if I told you it would only be needed for gaming and nothing else than that? I use my Mac Air to storage files like documents, movies, pictures and so on. Which means that the only stuff being stored on the PC is games, skype and maybe teamspeak.

With that said would it then be alright with 100GB? Or do you still think it's a little too little. The problem is that the PC is already built so I don't know whether it's possible to change anything in it.

Well, it depends on what games you are playing. My whole game collection is probably over 250GB, or around that. so, I need a big Hard drive. I wouldn't use a SSD to store everything, just certain applications I would use everyday a lot of the time. I wouldn't be able to fit all my games on one. I wouldn't recommend it.

If you are certain you will have less then 100GB of games and other files to put on there, go for it. it is very possible to add another drive at any time to the computer. Here is a great cheap hard drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6822136073

That you could install yourself after you get the computer. however, if you are not comfortable doing that, I would ask wherever you are getting the computer from if they can add an HDD to it.

Again, if you are confident 100GB is enough with the SSD, then your fine on the drives. Smile
[Image: kby7oh.jpg]

Thanks Reliqua (:
Hmm. It's a risk, I guess. Cool

And sorry if I'm a bit dumb right now but... Wouldn't I just be able to buy an eksternal hard drive later on, if I come to realize that 100GB isn't enough? Then just store the stuff on it.