Ban request against 'Whatthe12' and Officer Jackal
icer Jackal" STEAM_0:0:34054266 1:05:28 211 0 active
# 17 "[FL:RP] Whathe12" STEAM_0:0:23894491 1:05:24 230 0 active

#

I'm rp'ing as a BMD in a condemned building across from the BP garage.

A cop comes along, notices the door and the keypad and the camera. A few minutes later his buddies show up and try to secure a warrant to search me, without interacting with my character, they meta gamed to get my character name so they could search the building.

'Whatthe12 was the SS who cracked the keypad without getting a warrant then proceeded to lecture me as to why it wasn't meta gaming to look at a note outside and see who it belonged to (No, I didn't sign it). That is no different than running your phys gun against a prop to see the owner.

The other perp was '
# 16 "Officer Jackal" STEAM_0:0:34054266 1:03:30 207 0 active
#' Who was radio-ing in the search warrant by meta-gaming.

From my console:

** Gilligane Isle radios in: warrant rock hunter for search
(<3) (OOC) Rock Hunter: why are the cops raiding my base without a warrant?
Please wait 13 seconds to talk OOC again.
Please wait 0 seconds to talk OOC again.
(OOC) DeadDonkey: They aren't; They are standing outside waiting for a warrant.
(<3) (OOC) Rock Hunter: nice metagame there gilligane isle
(<3) (OOC) [FL:RP] Whathe12: Your note says "from rock hunter" right outside your base
(<3) (OOC) Rock Hunter: that is meta game you idiot
*** Tyler Smith radios in: President could you warrant Rock Hunter for a search.
Button undone
Dylan 'Donkey' McDermott: No thanks...
*** Gilligane Isle takes off suit.
(<3) (OOC) [FL:RP] Brownbag: you signed it. so your name exists in game
*** Tom Jackal radios in: Just type in rock then
*** Tyler Smith radios in: dont do rock use hunter
(<3) (OOC) Rock Hunter: seriously brownbag? That is meta game .
Please wait 9 seconds to talk OOC again.
(<3) (OOC) [FL:RP] Brownbag: How? they had a note you personally had your name on
outside your base
(<3) (OOC) Rock Hunter: that denotes whose prop it is. Not whose characer it belongs
*** Gilligane Isle radios in: I have knocked out Rock Hunter.

You also forgot the part where we RP'd that we finger print scanned the keypad and it had your finger prints on it, using a database of collected finger prints from pass arrested criminals.

Also, we had to use a keypad cracker to get in because the president was having troubles using your name for a search warrant and we knew that you were armed with some kind of gun so we didn't want to waste time. Eventually he got the warrant going after we got through the first door.
(05-12-2012, 01:55 AM)whathe12 Wrote: You also forgot the part where we RP'd that we finger print scanned the keypad and it had your finger prints on it, using a database of collected finger prints from pass arrested criminals.

Also, we had to use a keypad cracker to get in because the president was having troubles using your name for a search warrant and we knew that you were armed with some kind of gun so we didn't want to waste time. Eventually he got the warrant going after we got through the first door.

You RP'ed a finger print scanner? So...how did you determine I wasn't wearing gloves? Sounds like...mmmmm... power gaming to me.

How the hell did you know I was armed? Was it because you saw in the bottom left hand of your screen 'Otto Hoffmann pulls out a ____ '

You broke the rules. You had no RP reason to search the building. Just the same lame people RP'ing as cops seeing a building with a camera outside and a keypad and thinking 'Wow, he or she must have something to hide so lets find out whose prop it is'.

You haven't addressed the point I made about you guys meta gaming. You were adamant that I had signed my name on the note, but I hadn't. When you read the note, you no doubt saw 'Rock Hunter' written in green font and a tick by the side of it, to signify it was my prop. That is no different than using your physgun to see whose props it is.
How did we know you were armed? The guy who called me for backup said that there was an armed man in the condemned building.

We did have an rp reason to search the building, you were living in a condemned building and was also armed with an illegal weapon.

There is almost no way to get someone to tell them their OOC name for a warrant, so we might as well RP'd that with the finger print scanner, (also you can't warrant with an IC name for some reason...)

All I was told to do, is to Come assist in a search of a condemned building that had illegal inhabitants living inside of it, that was armed with an illegal weapon, then asked the president for a search warrant on that building.

You might as well post a BR on every other police that raid a building, as everysingle time it's the same thing. Look at owners prop, see's owners name, get warrant, though I have seen on other servers this is considered metagaming

Edit: I also looked in the rules long and hard and I never saw anything saying not to look at a prop to find the owners name for a warrant.
(05-12-2012, 02:54 PM)whathe12 Wrote: How did we know you were armed? The guy who called me for backup said that there was an armed man in the condemned building.

And how does the the officer outside of the building know I have a weapon? This is just spectacular fail after another.

(05-12-2012, 02:54 PM)whathe12 Wrote: We did have an rp reason to search the building, you were living in a condemned building and was also armed with an illegal weapon.

More posturing.

(05-12-2012, 02:54 PM)whathe12 Wrote: There is almost no way to get someone to tell them their OOC name for a warrant, so we might as well RP'd that with the finger print scanner, (also you can't warrant with an IC name for some reason...)

You just admitted you meta gamed . Thank you and goodnight.
Looking at the name of the note and who it belongs to is actually metagaming. It is a prop therefore you are looking at the OOC name of the prop it is not signed unless the note actually specifies his RP signature.

Sometimes police have to meta game only to get search warrants. For example...

There are multiple unemployed people with a base where they are shooting at cops from a tower. The cops cannot get close enough to taze so they shoot and kill the unemployed basers. Now how are they supposed to not meta game and get a search warrant? In real life if that had happened they would have opened the base even without a search warrant so yeah....

There is not enough evidence for a ban..

Denied.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!