Alienware
(04-22-2012, 09:39 PM)Zzzzap Wrote: And why are macs better for school use?

Please enlighten me

Well, it's simple, really.

Mac lets you show off how cool and fashionable you are. It also demonstrates your family's wealth. Thus perfectly fitting the requirements of your average teenager.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • GRiiM
(04-21-2012, 05:33 PM)Nevinator Wrote: Ill make this simple.

Macs better for school/buisness.

Windows better for gaming/buisness

Linux... Idk.

Alienware is overpriced for what you get.

I got my computer made by a legit store run by a vietnamese guy in a shop who made a better computer with windows 7 added for $5.

I really don't understand how you came to the conclusion that Macs are better for school. Is it because you must have an immature mind to use them?
Also, my dad works in a global business as a computer administrator. In the entire company with hundreds of employees only 2 of them use a mac and they're in the marketing team. I do not know anyone who uses macs for business.
(04-12-2012, 08:08 AM)Equality Wrote: 3 words.

Waste. Of. Money.

You could build your own for the same amount just better. GJ

Or you can buy the same Laptop without an alien on the back and get it for 11000DKK,- (Danish Currency) Instead of 20000DKK,-
Honestly don't see how a Mac is better for school/business considering that there first off more expensive. Anyone in a business or is a student isn't going to waste the money on the Mac. With a main reason that they build "Corporate" PC's for businesses; offering the bare minimum on a computer averaging around $300. Using a Mac for school, smh, yeah, if you wish for it to be stolen or pay the high price just for trading design for performance. I could understand your argument a bit better, if you had stated the fact that many people use Mac's for Digital Design. Hence the integration of several 3D programs and Adobe products being ported over for use.

PC and Linux are the ones often used in Business. Linux is used mainly for running servers on the levels mentioned above. They offer more stability in a server setting and often is as simple as Windows (If you know some simple Batch/Command Line), with the addition of performance considering it doesn't use as many services as Windows does.

If I wanted to show how "cool or fashionable" I was, I could easily spend the same money on a better PC and slap on the Apple Sticker/Logo. Hardly anyone would know the difference lol.....

Now more on topic, If you took a Alienware to a "Legit" LAN party, Im pretty sure you would almost immediately be laughed out the building. Not only do a majority of LAN party members build their own PC's, but some even make use of building their own case mods. I tell this to almost everyone that says they're buying an Alienware, there simply overpriced and don't grant you power or performance you could have with a custom-build. In simpler terms, my $900 rig could easily beat a $1200-$1300 Alienware rig, not only in games, but in applications settings as well.
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • GRiiM
(04-24-2012, 01:21 AM)wweee2345 Wrote: -snip-

Amen.