Alienware
You guys never wrote the solution for, if one doesn't understand shit about "building your own computer".
I have literally no idea about what's in a computer except a fan and memory.

Anyways Anakonda it's always nice to get a new PC so I hope you're going to like it!
The following 2 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • Anakonda, Haarek
Still, neither did I, I just found a guide or two and read them, and had them printed off for when the components arrived.

Voila, it suddenly becomes easy because now you're literally just following a guide as if you were assembling IKEA flatpacks.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • equal, Dubwub
Alienware are made by Dell, if you look at those you can get one with better hardware for a lot cheaper.
I have got a Dell XPS 17 a week ago which has 8GB of DDR3, i7-2670QM @ 2.2GHZ, Nvidia 555GM GPU. Runs all modern games mostly with full graphics and a good frame rate. This cost me just under £800.

Dell and Alienware are the same brand, just with Alienware you get a better looking laptop with flashy lights. However, if you're happy with the laptop you want then get it, they do look awesome.
Stupidly overpriced,you can get 2-3 times the spec easy compared to them on a different make/custom build.
(04-15-2012, 07:52 PM)StillAlive Wrote: You guys never wrote the solution for, if one doesn't understand shit about "building your own computer".
I have literally no idea about what's in a computer except a fan and memory.

Anyways Anakonda it's always nice to get a new PC so I hope you're going to like it!

atleast one supports me : O
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
Faustie if you got the money its not overpriced Smile And if you got other things to think about than playing computer games such as your school. MacBooks are way better than windows pcs for school work Smile
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

The following 1 user Likes Andreas's post:
  • StillAlive
(04-17-2012, 04:01 PM)Andreas Wrote: Faustie if you got the money its not overpriced Smile And if you got other things to think about than playing computer games such as your school. MacBooks are way better than windows pcs for school work Smile

Having used both extensively, definite no, they are not better for schoolwork at all. I find schoolwork much more efficient on a windows.

In fact, if all you care about is school work, you'll do much better work on pen and paper, despite what you may think. Computers aren't necessary for schoolwork at all, unless its IT in which case you should be using Windows or Linux. They only serve as a distraction. So computer for school is a moot point, use pen and paper instead.

You've just been indoctrinated by flashy marketing, so that your money can be used as masturbation accessories for Apple CEOs.
I have to agree with Faustie, the best thing at school is to write down things with your own hands, not typing them down on a keyboard.

There were studies showing that by writing things with a pen you learn much more of it than by typing it on a computer.
Yes, laptops are nice for presentations, books and to have all your documents on it but the best thing you can do is write the things down in the lesson and type them into the computer once you're home. I'll guarantee you that you will remember most of it this way.

Also, if you want to get the best computer for the cheapest price, get all the things you need for it and build it together yourself, it is really really easy. There are many tutorials on which parts you will need and you just order the ones you like on the internet, basically what you have to do is just plug all the things together and that's it.

I built my own PC 3 years or something ago and it was wonderful, I used my old computer case, the old power supply thingy and my old fans. got a new CPU, RAM, Mainboard and graphics, plugged everything into the mainboard, plugged in the fans, closed the case and was ready to go. Spent 400 bucks or somehting and had quite a high end PC for that time.
Dare to think!
The following 1 user Likes Nudelholz's post:
  • Faustie
Pen and paper is old school in denmark ;-) Nearly everything is on computer now days.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

I also ordered a M14x, for LAN parties and school :3
My specs:
8 gb RAM
Nvidia 555m 3gb
i7 processor 2,4 ghz quad core 6 mb cache
and some basic stuff, total of 1.400 euros
[Image: 14ki2df.png]
All credits to ForceGhost for the signature <3