Poll: Stay with the old view-numbers or my suggestion? :)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
One view-number from each person
75.00%
6 75.00%
several view-numbers from each person
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

View-numbers
Question 
Hi Smile I'm alot around on this forum, probably because I havent got a life, but i've noticed something a little odd. If you are on youtube, and watch a video, then the views-number will rise with one. If you see it again, the number wont rise anymore. Only once.
Now, when you look at threads on the forum, you see how many views it has, but that is how many people have entered it. I think it would be better to make it so it only counts view from a person once and not several times. What do you guys think? (please vote)
Shouldnt this be in suggestions Wink ?
(11-21-2010, 12:56 PM)2Deep Wrote: Shouldnt this be in suggestions Wink ?

Probably, but suggestions sometimes gets ignored, and I think this is more of a discussion than a suggestion Wink
I'm pretty sure nobody will bother to rewrite the codes for the entire forum system just to change this, why the hell does that number even matter to you?

And no, this doesn't belong in suggestions - if you'd bother to read, you'd see that the suggestions forum is under the CityRP category.
(11-21-2010, 01:16 PM)killjoy Wrote: I'm pretty sure nobody will bother to rewrite the codes for the entire forum system just to change this, why the hell does that number even matter to you?

Sorry, I have no way to know if it's hard to change or not, but it seems easy..
Well if I post an important thread, and ten people view it ten times each, I think that "100 members has seen this, that's good!". Unfortunately I can't know that.
And if I post for example... a song. A song which I like very much, and want to share it with everyone. I think "wow 30 people has listened to the song i posted! that's good! Smile" When it's actually just five people.
Why we should change it is because it is a way to keep order in the threads, and see which of them that actually have reached out to the most people. This could be usefull. Lets take an example: Fallen posts some new rules. within lets say half an hour, he sees that 70 people have viewed the thread, and therefore everyone should know about it, so he may give warning levels to those people. But... it's actually just 10 people that have opened the thread, so he doesnt know if everyone have read it or not, so he can't know wether to go easy on those people or not.
It's not very important, but as i said: It could get useful Nervous
This is so useless.
-Signature removed-
What can we use this for? Tounge