Im new on this server help me plx!
Hello guys, ive joined your server a million times but it keep saying Overload in Net message. How come?
Sometimes I have to join two to three times because of "Buffer overflow in net message" and "reliable snapshot overflow". There's been a time where I couldn't join because it kept saying buffer overflow in net message.

Try doing thisSadAlso change your download region to the closest place to where you live if its not already set correctly)
http://www.gangwarsrp.com/index.php?topic=18602.0
and if that doesn't work trying putting this into console when you're in garrysmod: "myinfo_bytes 8192" (without quotes)
Then try and join. From what I read this one is a temporary fix so it might only work during the current session you're in.
This happens quite often. Should be fixed when Gmod 13 comes out.
Respectfully,

Hooter
(03-30-2012, 10:16 PM)jas2511 Wrote: Sometimes I have to join two to three times because of "Buffer overflow in net message" and "reliable snapshot overflow". There's been a time where I couldn't join because it kept saying buffer overflow in net message.

Try doing thisSadAlso change your download region to the closest place to where you live if its not already set correctly)
http://www.gangwarsrp.com/index.php?topic=18602.0
and if that doesn't work trying putting this into console when you're in garrysmod: "myinfo_bytes 8192" (without quotes)
Then try and join. From what I read this one is a temporary fix so it might only work during the current session you're in.

Hello mate, i didnt work, but thanks for trying!Smile
We all get it, Gmod 13 should fix.
WTF is happening to this man.. Im trying and trying and trying why the fuck cant i join it? i get error, Buffer overload etc.. WHY!??!
Try putting this on console myinfo_bytes 8192
I'll quote Soul for you, that's probably your best chance.

(12-17-2011, 02:45 PM)Soul Wrote: I finally managed to make myself proper launch options, I'll explain what my launch options do:

Code:
+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1600 -h 900 -windowed +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16

+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 = fix for engine hunk overflow

-heapsize 3145728 = Set how much memory in kb Garry's Mod is allowed to use. This is in my case 50% of my 6GB ram

+cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 = Settings to fix most buffer overflow crashes.

-dxlevel 80 = reducing graphical appearance for more performance and stability really important

-w 1600 = width of my window

-h 900 = height of my window

-windowed = sets Gmod to a window instead of fullscreen

+mat_antialias 8 = Set antialias to 8x, since dxlevel 80 doesn't remember my settings for some reason

+mat_forceaniso 16 = Set flitering mode to 16

The only error I still receive are reliable snapshot overflow.

Dare to think!