Buying a server
Hi guys. Its me Japzzi (noooooo shit) i was thinking of buying a server but i have no idea where to buy it, or how Huh Since i have played on the FL servers alot i thought this would be the best place to ask. I hope you guys can give you some advice. Cya on the server

- Japzzi (wich in this chase is drmac lol)
www.PlugPayPlay.com is a good place to buy servers/voice servers.
And it's cheap! Smile
Well. Uhm... derp derp.

It depends on the slots, 14 slots, not much money. But 36 as fearless has (Is it 36? don't remember.) it will be very expensive.
But if your going to have a good server, with alot of slots, you most flyin' high!
Very very very very VERY high. Cool
I don't recommend PlugPayPlay, we were hosted there and this issues we faced:

- A failing harddisk (downtime website of weeks)
- A failed backup (lost database and website)
- Unstable servers (servertick was around 12)
- 2 times random IP change
- Reinstall of their OS (1 week downtime)

And more. They have good prices, but you can better spend some pounds more on a decent hosting.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Plugpayplay was good but then failed on us. Crash's every 5 mins-1 hour
(11-08-2010, 04:40 PM)Mr Mini Wrote: Plugpayplay was good but then failed on us. Crash's every 5 mins-1 hour

Well anyone know any other sites?. PPP is cheap yeah but if its true. Then i think its not worth it. But please come with some sites lol. Else i think i gotta try PPP out (PPP= PlugPayPlay.)
Ever heard of Google? Jeez.
(11-08-2010, 05:38 PM)killjoy Wrote: Ever heard of Google? Jeez.

Pfft you can't ALWAYS trust google, and anyways it usually takes ages to find the best of the stuff you are looking for. It's better just to ask people that already know where or how to find it Wink
www.direct-hosting.us is a good and cheap site, i got my bf2 server from there, but the garry's mod link isnt working, they missed and "R" in garry's mod so if you want a gmod server then go on this link http://direct-hosting.us/garrysmod.html

setup time= 5min-24h, lag free and never seen a down time on theyr servers reason for the possibly long time delay is beacuse theyr not like gameservers or anything like that, they install the game manualy on theyr server, so when you order, you be rest assured that you got a fresh install of the game on your server while gameservers have a computer to automaticly install it, not even sure if they give you a fresh install
(11-08-2010, 07:08 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: Pfft you can't ALWAYS trust google, and anyways it usually takes ages to find the best of the stuff you are looking for. It's better just to ask people that already know where or how to find it Wink

You only need to Google "Garrysmod Gameservers" and you haz a bunch of links Tounge
Counterstrike.com do GMod servers aswell but cost alot, around $0.99 a slot :S
Inx Gaming is another example.