My Opinion
Maybe it would work, maybe not, just giving out my opinion, as well as everyone in this thread. I didn't know there were applications before, and if they worked out fine then I don't see why not now.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(02-21-2012, 11:27 AM)Equalizer Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 10:42 AM)Lani Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 09:40 AM)Emnesty Wrote: I personally think admin applications should be opened for say... 5 days, and the admin team AND the rest of the players can give their opinions on who should and shouldn't be given trial admin.
That should eliminate a goods amount of the complaints about the admin team, as everyone will have had an opportunity to have a say.

No, just no.

What damage would it cause?

I'll give you two examples.

First; If a couple of unemployed citizens were to write a job application, who were to decide whether they would get the job or not? The unemployed citizens, or the CEO in the company? (Example between players and administrators)

Second; If an administrator is very strict, most players will most likely vote no because they get banned a lot. It's unfair to choose which players can vote and who can't, therefore it's better for votes to be administrator votes.

The following 2 users Like Lani's post:
  • ForceGhost, Haarek
(02-21-2012, 12:36 PM)Lani Wrote: I'll give you two examples.

First; If a couple of unemployed citizens were to write a job application, who were to decide whether they would get the job or not? The unemployed citizens, or the CEO in the company? (Example between players and administrators)

Second; If an administrator is very strict, most players will most likely vote no because they get banned a lot. It's unfair to choose which players can vote and who can't, therefore it's better for votes to be administrator votes.

Lani said it in one.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
(02-21-2012, 12:36 PM)Lani Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 09:40 AM)Emnesty Wrote: I personally think admin applications should be opened for say... 5 days, and the admin team AND the rest of the players can give their opinions on who should and shouldn't be given trial admin.
That should eliminate a goods amount of the complaints about the admin team, as everyone will have had an opportunity to have a say.

No, just no.

I can't agree more, IF there will be admin applications again, admins should vote and NOT the players.
(02-21-2012, 12:44 PM)Jan Wrote:

No, just no.

I can't agree more, IF there will be admin applications again, admins should vote and NOT the players.

Then why the hell did you like Emnesty's post? Are you liking posts without even reading them?

(02-21-2012, 12:47 PM)Lani Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 12:44 PM)Jan Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 10:42 AM)Lani Wrote: No, just no.

Then why the hell did you like Emnesty's post? Are you liking posts without even reading them?

I did read a bit too fast; I only agreed with him on the admin applications and not that players decide too, jeez some people become pissed fast....
(02-21-2012, 03:58 AM)wweee2345 Wrote: With regards to the admin team now,
Its already too large and the community just keeps asking for more; thinking it's somehow going to change anything. Point and place, players of the community need to stop asking for more administrator's and ask for better quality administrator's. There has been some decent additions to the admin team, but currently the team consist of Europeans whom are all on at the same time; The admins who are American all live on EST time zone and are online the same time as the European admins. I further would like to iterate my point by stating: Currently we have 10 admins whom are European (not including the trial-admins, SA, and so on) to 3 admins originating from others areas of the world. Admins before the rather sudden changes in team were a lot stricter in their terms. No one has really ever been denied once they've reached Trial Admin status. And the process of getting Trial Admin seems even cruder than getting the job as an Administrator. Let's face it as well, Soulripper doesn't get on enough to actually see who actually deserves the position, so as a result it's based upon admin recommendation 9/10.
A possible solution I can probably suggest is to have a change in hands of position with the said admins that players are discontent with. Your staff is the group of people that keep your player's coming back, if they're not fit for the job, the server is likely to lose players. --Not entirely true in every situation though

About Quality of RP,
Honestly the decline is partially on part of the admins. I realize that admins are as busy as any of us may be, but if they cannot dedicate the time to keep the server "minge-free", then what use are they?
Point in case was this Saturday:
There was basically a massive tranquilizing occurring at the BP. Pechvarry was dealing with the situation, while 3-4 other admins were online standing idle to the situation. I don't plan on saying names, but if the situation is that dire, their needs to be some response.
In all honest opinion, you can't expect RP to improve until you deal with and rid the server of the "minges". Until done so, the server is going to be at a stand still with little improvement.

Going back to what I stated in an earlier time on the forums,
With the exception of a few admins on the team, the team advocates itself as amateur and immature with how it presents itself. Shall I mention the constant trolling that happens on the forums and server only encouraging the players to do so themselves? Or the mischievous acts that admins may perform while on the server also encouraging players to do so, by stating "If the admins can do it, why can't I?"

If anything FL staff as a majority need to:

- End the popularity contest, honestly!
- Advocate a more mature attitude
- Administration rights be placed to a higher standard
- End the bi-polarness, I honestly don't even know whats going to happen anymore when it comes to FL Staff.

I rest my case,

Wweee2345
THIS.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 2 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Dubwub, Serpent Lord
(02-20-2012, 09:09 AM)Biowulf Wrote: Back on topic. Just because I don't play on the server doesn't mean I don't remember anything from the past. Back then people acted like: 'Let's do good RP, so admins can see how we do.' When there weren't admins on the server the quality of RP dropped big time.

Its still like this, but now when there are admins on everyone tries to rp with them to get rp points. Cause the more rp points you have the "cooler" you are
Granted that Admins have the perfect right to RP with players, but in my opinion; as cliché and foolish as it may sound, we could have an 'Admin(s) on duty' thing. It's an idea from my time as an Admin on a DerpRP server (Sadly), however; if utilized on FL correctly it might just work. It was a volunteer only basis however. Said Admin(s) would set their job to 'Admin on Duty' and would only 'Police' the server while they held that 'Job'. Any thoughts?

No, just no.

Players doesnt get to vote anyways... Its a vote between the adminstrators..
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]