Exclamation 
Username: grapefruit

Accused Staff Member: owners and management

Involved Users:
  • - FL
Time/Date/Time Zone: last couple years

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: bad

Evidence and Explanation:

too long where's fl im getting bored. i want to raid nexus roleplaying as a gay albanian. where's the roleplay gone. where's the server gone >Sad

just upload the 2017 gamemode and let us fuck around til you get this new version going again
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Kryptic
Please staff realise that you are all stupid and killed a whole community 
Sincerely, me
The following 1 user Likes Kryptic's post:
  • Grape
Hey everyone, it's AwestruckBullet here. I just wanted to take a moment to react to the news of Management's resignation from our gaming community as result of this thread.

First of all, I want to say that I'm really sad to hear this. Management have been a huge part of our community and their contributions have been invaluable. I know that they'll be greatly missed by everyone.

I have to admit, I'm feeling a little awkward writing this reply. You see, I've always secretly admired Management. They've been a huge inspiration to me and I've always looked up to them. I've always wanted to get to know them better and spend more time with them, but I've always been too shy to admit it.

I know that I'll never have that chance now that they're leaving, and it's making me really sad. I wish I had been more open and brave in my admiration for them. I know that I'll never forget the lessons that they've taught me and the memories that I've shared with them.

I want to thank Management for everything that they've done for our community and for being such amazing role models. I know that I'll never be able to replace them, but I promise to do my best to continue their legacy and make them proud.

Goodbye Management, and thank you for everything.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 6 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Grape, Self, Wolven, Edned, Pollux, aDisabledDeer
I understand that FL has been inactive for a while, and we know we deserve criticism for how the revival attempt has gone so far. I know many of you have your own thoughts on this, but this is mine based on being here for too many years. It is not fair to say that anyone "killed" FL, it died slowly over several years despite the efforts of multiple different teams. The reason why it's down right now is because it was already dead, and since then we've been slowly working on the necessary changes for a revival attempt.

We won't bring back the old gamemode because it doesn't solve the root cause of why it died off in the first place. While I understand that many people have nostalgic memories of the "good old days", the gamemode wasn't the primary factor that made it fun back then, and therefore not much would change if we reverted today. We're not being stubborn; we know it won't work because we've already tried it.

We plan to either bring FL back up with our complete overhaul or not at all. There isn't any other option at this point. We're doing our best to make the first option happen, but unfortunately, it's a lot of work. Regardless of what happens, I'm glad many have fond memories of FL and that it lasted for such a long time. It'll be nice if we can make a revival work, however, we can't make promises nor do we know when it'll be done. This revival attempt is also going in the opposite direction from the previous nostalgic one; it's quite different from older iterations, and we know some may dislike it due to some significant changes we've made. While it will be polarizing, it's a risk we have to take.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-15-2024, 05:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: I understand that FL has been inactive for a while, and we know we deserve criticism for how the revival attempt has gone so far. I know many of you have your own thoughts on this, but this is mine based on being here for too many years. It is not fair to say that anyone "killed" FL, it died slowly over several years despite the efforts of multiple different teams. The reason why it's down right now is because it was already dead, and since then we've been slowly working on the necessary changes for a revival attempt.

We won't bring back the old gamemode because it doesn't solve the root cause of why it died off in the first place. While I understand that many people have nostalgic memories of the "good old days", the gamemode wasn't the primary factor that made it fun back then, and therefore not much would change if we reverted today. We're not being stubborn; we know it won't work because we've already tried it.

We plan to either bring FL back up with our complete overhaul or not at all. There isn't any other option at this point. We're doing our best to make the first option happen, but unfortunately, it's a lot of work. Regardless of what happens, I'm glad many have fond memories of FL and that it lasted for such a long time. It'll be nice if we can make a revival work, however, we can't make promises nor do we know when it'll be done. This revival attempt is also going in the opposite direction from the previous nostalgic one; it's quite different from older iterations, and we know some may dislike it due to some significant changes we've made. While it will be polarizing, it's a risk we have to take.

This isn't a sarcastic question, but do you think a release could be possible before the end of the year?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(03-15-2024, 08:45 PM)Link Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 05:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: I understand that FL has been inactive for a while, and we know we deserve criticism for how the revival attempt has gone so far. I know many of you have your own thoughts on this, but this is mine based on being here for too many years. It is not fair to say that anyone "killed" FL, it died slowly over several years despite the efforts of multiple different teams. The reason why it's down right now is because it was already dead, and since then we've been slowly working on the necessary changes for a revival attempt.

This isn't a sarcastic question, but do you think a release could be possible before the end of the year?

We are currently in the process of creating a new internal roadmap to gain a better understanding of our current position and prevent any further feature creep. We cannot provide any timeframes until the roadmap is completed, as the purpose of this is to plot the next steps required to meet our "minimum viable product" state. It isn't going to take another year, but I can't give anything more exact without having that detailed plan first.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Of course. My OP shitpost aside, why not have a temporary gamemode going? I wouldn't dare claim that it will revive the community or solve the root cause by any means. Just an idea I had for some people who do want to enjoy some fl for a little bit while waiting for the revival that may or may not come. Don't get me wrong, whatever you guys are working on I hope it does well and good luck with it, but why not have something solid just temporarily for those who miss fl. Fuck it even for just a month how much is that? I'll chip in to get it running for a month's fun. I only suggested 2017's gamemode because around that time was when fl was at its peak for the last time, two full servers i mean. Not that that's the best FL gamemode or that's the reason why it was popular back then by any means just probably the last most well known version  of the gamemode. can be any gamemode idc.

just thought it would be fun for a few weeks get some hype going. get people missing fl again. nostalgia alone won't fix anything long term but a little bit of it for a short time is a good tool to get some spark going.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(03-15-2024, 10:44 PM)Grape Wrote: Of course. My OP shitpost aside, why not have a temporary gamemode going? I wouldn't dare claim that it will revive the community or solve the root cause by any means. Just an idea I had for some people who do want to enjoy some fl for a little bit while waiting for the revival that may or may not come. Don't get me wrong, whatever you guys are working on I hope it does well and good luck with it, but why not have something solid just temporarily for those who miss fl. Fuck it even for just a month how much is that? I'll chip in to get it running for a month's fun. I only suggested 2017's gamemode because around that time was when fl was at its peak for the last time, two full servers i mean. Not that that's the best FL gamemode or that's the reason why it was popular back then by any means just probably the last most well known version  of the gamemode. can be any gamemode idc.

just thought it would be fun for a few weeks get some hype going. get people missing fl again. nostalgia alone won't fix anything long term but a little bit of it for a short time is a good tool to get some spark going.

The old gamemode isn't enjoyable without many players, which is unlikely to happen if we bring it back up. We took the server down after months of sitting at 0/75 players, keeping it up would've just been wasting money. It'd likely just be an empty server if I started an older version now, which doesn't help us. I'd consider it if there was something for people to do, but there's literally nothing. You'd need at least 30+ to make the gamemode somewhat enjoyable, as it's heavily reliant on players creating their own experiences with others. This is a big part of what we're trying to change, as ultimately the gamemode itself is extremely boring and was carried by players making things fun themselves. That's why I always say no one actually misses the old gamemode, you miss the old players who made up for the terrible gamemode. I can't bring those old players back, but I can make the gamemode itself fun.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-15-2024, 10:14 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 08:45 PM)Link Wrote:

We are currently in the process of creating a new internal roadmap to gain a better understanding of our current position and prevent any further feature creep. We cannot provide any timeframes until the roadmap is completed, as the purpose of this is to plot the next steps required to meet our "minimum viable product" state. It isn't going to take another year, but I can't give anything more exact without having that detailed plan first.

i like it - you should make a roadmap for how long the roadmap is gonna take
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 2 users Like James's post:
  • Self, Swoots