Poll: Do you support any of these ideas?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Old Version of CityRP
40.91%
9 40.91%
DarkRP
27.27%
6 27.27%
TTT
9.09%
2 9.09%
Other gamemode
9.09%
2 9.09%
I do not support this idea
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey 2 - FL Server Vote
Hey everyone,

Firstly I just wanted to say a massive thank you to those that voted honestly in the previous survey. I was pleased to see names old and new who would be interested in giving FL another go.

This has presented an exciting opportunity for FL. I have personally been in discussion with Pollux who is in support of discussions around opening a different server, but this is where we come in.

What I have proposed to Pollux is that we give consideration to opening a server that will run until the new/updated release of the CityRP gamemode is up and running. The exciting part of that is we can discuss what product we might want.

Additionally, I have suggested that expressions of interest be sought from people with the necessary skills to assist with the new server be asked for, so that development isn't taken away from the new CityRP.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, my experience is only with administration duties so the technical side of how achievable this might be is something I can't advise on, but hopefully this can be discussed as well.

I would suggest the following gamemodes be considered:

- A basic/older version of CityRP from years ago be used
- DarkRP server
- TTT server

Those are just a few ideas that come to mind, other gamemodes are obviously open for discussion. If we venture into an RP server, I would support an older CityRP as that'll be what most people are familiar with and an easy pick-up for everyone

This new proposed server would be open at this stage until the refined gamemode is released, which will hopefully assist with having some sort of activity. In the community's current state, its longevity is in question.

As progress gets made, I will post further surveys/discussions so please keep an eye on the forum.

Please be mindful and respectful of your feedback. There is no need to flame anyone.

Cheers guys.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Boonan, Self
An idea like this could work, but I think we have to be super clear what the end goal is.

Should it appeal mainly to existing players, or allow for the generation of a new community?

For me, I think it should be the latter, and aim to be a server that a good amount of players regularly hop on to.

I don't think an old version of CityRP could achieve this, as what would likely happen is a repeat of when it was tried before: a bit of activity for a few days, and then it dies off.

I think the best chance of creating something substantial is DarkRP, or TTT. DarkRP is my preferred option, as it's the closest to CityRP, and if any new players start playing, it would be easiest to bring them over to any new gamemode.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 2 users Like Link's post:
  • Nacreas, Boonan
(12-28-2023, 12:32 PM)Link Wrote: An idea like this could work, but I think we have to be super clear what the end goal is.

Should it appeal mainly to existing players, or allow for the generation of a new community?

For me, I think it should be the latter, and aim to be a server that a good amount of players regularly hop on to.

I don't think an old version of CityRP could achieve this, as what would likely happen is a repeat of when it was tried before: a bit of activity for a few days, and then it dies off.

I think the best chance of creating something substantial is DarkRP, or TTT. DarkRP is my preferred option, as it's the closest to CityRP, and if any new players start playing, it would be easiest to bring them over to any new gamemode.

It would be quite fun having a DarkRP server with an FL flavour, then transition to the final product.

To clarify though, we would need people outside the of the Dev Team who would be willing to assist with this project as they do not want to take away from CityRP development which is understandable.
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Link, Boonan
I do like the ideas, however as Link stated, trying an older version of the CityRP gamemode was tried before and ultimately died within 2 days.

I've never really tried TTT, not 100% how it would work with FL and the community but if it is something that people want in the meantime, as long as it doesn't hinder from the main development of the CityRP server then I'm all for it.

In regards to DarkRP, I feel like currently, it would probably be the best option, with an FL twist to it so it doesn't just feel like your generic DarkRP server / experience. It probably would also simulate the FL experience the best compared to the other options, with the ability to create dupes etc whilst also having a 'wider' range of illegal activities for people to partake in.

With the 'other options' I feel like we might be quite limited in a way. My reasoning being, is that for example, we wouldn't be able to open up a Star Wars RP or Military RP server as the category is already dominated by other much bigger communities with substantial more funding behind them. Although you could make the same argument for DarkRP, I don't think it would be as big of an issue. As the reasoning for this is to give this community something to do whilst the main CityRP gamemode is being developed. This then links back with my previous reasoning, DarkRP would simulate the FL experience a lot closer than FL x Star Wars RP. 

That's my few shillings on the matter. I hope that came across the way I had it in my head.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
FL Old guns - DarkRP / Basewars.

Still a good amount of people bang on about the old guns would be fun to either have an event or a separate server where it was just sort of the more aggressiveRP Cops vs Robbers, Create bases raid / fight each other with all the old med kits, kevlar, guns as it is still unique i suppose

That being said though i still think its one of them things that would not last it would be fun then fall off so not actually too sure

But FL Style BaseWars, Cops Vs Robbers type shit would be cool but yeah nothing idea wise seems to look like it will last long term.
I'm just waiting until we get the actual server back, whenever that happens to be. At this point, just waiting for the server to launch with the new update feels like the only solution. Launching the server in the pre-closure state would be a disappointment after all this waiting, and a server with a different gamemode wouldn't really be FL either.

But something simple/unofficial like a game night with people from FL might be fun and it would require almost no effort to do.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
If there's anyone interested in assisting with the coding/technical side of this project, please can you PM me on either Discord or on here.

Would be nice to come up with some concepts about what it could/should look like.
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • Self
(12-29-2023, 04:49 AM)Nacreas Wrote: If there's anyone interested in assisting with the coding/technical side of this project, please can you PM me on either Discord or on here.

Would be nice to come up with some concepts about what it could/should look like.

i'd suck a cock for the right price

if there's money involved my ears are open
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
Hey [Community Member],

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the potential server options. It's great to see members actively engaged in the decision-making process.

While I understand your concerns about revisiting an older version of CityRP and the potential challenges with new ventures like TTT, your insights on DarkRP are duly noted. Your suggestion of putting an FL twist on it to avoid a generic experience is something we'll definitely consider.

You rightly pointed out the limitations we might face in competing with larger communities in certain genres. It's a valid concern, and we appreciate your pragmatic approach to selecting a server that aligns with our community's interests and resources.

Your input is invaluable, and we'll take all these factors into account as we move forward. If anyone else has additional suggestions or concerns, feel free to share them. It's through constructive discussions like these that we can shape the future of our server.

Thanks again for your input, and let's keep the conversation going!

Best,
[Your Name]