The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 21 Aug
So, as I put in the announcements channel, we were waiting for a meeting to post this Pulse. What we have from that, is that the Inventory Refactor's main code is done, and is now just on edge-cases and polishing, so should be ready to be shown off next month. Keep your eyes open for a dev blog showing it off, and explaining some of the behind the scenes.

Moving on, active updates have been had on the inventory refactor, an ammo dispenser proof of concept for events, and an update for vehicle tickets to reduce server lag. Overall, 10 files have had 400 changes in them, plus some untracked changes (the ammo dispenser).
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 9 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Boonan, tgn, Ranger, Wolven, _George_, EAGLE:), Robbtja, BlueBlitz22, Archer
Any changes to the economy?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(09-08-2023, 12:02 PM)Haarek Wrote: Any changes to the economy?
  • The delivery system is being rebalanced, as that was never balanced for the new economy.
  • There's a couple of bugs in farming being fixed, which allowed people to make like 5x the intended amount.
  • I believe there's a plan to change the balancing for weapons, reducing the focus on cash (making stuff craftable), but I'd need that confirmed (i cant read so idk).
  • There's some planned changes to how vehicles work (switching from VCMod to something more customisable) which would allow us to change some other balancing stuff there (fuel, repairs).
  • The contraband system was being changed again, which Broccoli can give more information about.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

The following 2 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • mintblackbeard, BlueBlitz22
(09-08-2023, 01:30 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
-

Sounds promising!

(09-08-2023, 01:30 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [*]There's a couple of bugs in farming being fixed, which allowed people to make like 5x the intended amount.

Wasn't there discussions about not having systems with minimal to no player interaction? It reduced the player interaction needlessly and led to a boring server.
Visit my profile here.
what does any of this mean
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • Boonan
(09-11-2023, 08:29 PM)Divey Wrote: what does any of this mean
[Image: image.png]
The following 2 users Like Ranger's post:
  • Divey, Boonan
(09-12-2023, 06:44 PM)Ranger Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 08:29 PM)Divey Wrote: what does any of this mean
[Image: image.png]

absolutely shocking that
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Boonan's post:
  • Divey, Ranger
(09-11-2023, 12:44 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 01:30 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
-

Sounds promising!

(09-08-2023, 01:30 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [*]There's a couple of bugs in farming being fixed, which allowed people to make like 5x the intended amount.
[*]

Wasn't there discussions about not having systems with minimal to no player interaction? It reduced the player interaction needlessly and led to a boring server.
[*]I think it included looking at the bug and seeing if data needed to be rolled back or not.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

(09-13-2023, 06:12 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [*]I think it included looking at the bug and seeing if data needed to be rolled back or not.

I meant not having these kinds of systems at all
Visit my profile here.
(09-15-2023, 09:08 AM)Haarek Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 06:12 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [*]I think it included looking at the bug and seeing if data needed to be rolled back or not.
[*]
I meant not having these kinds of systems at all
[*]Even if the system is being removed, they still need to check if we need to roll back.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • Haarek