The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 17 Apr
(05-09-2023, 04:39 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 10:23 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 11:20 PM)Haarek Wrote: But I think it is a ridiculous mentality to be preparing to give up. As it seems like you sometimes are.

Look at this thread honestly, and ask yourself one question: Why would someone want to keep working for this community, when this is what the community is? When the only reasonable responses have been from Archer and Rocky, and everyone is just trying to practice for their pro-dom humillation session.

Isn't the whole point of this whole ordeal that you are trying to build a new community with an entirely new playerbase? You aren't working for any of us, you are working for entirely unknown people. If you don't do a good job nobody will join, isn't that motivation enough?

Or does the praise of an old playerbase who doesn't play anymore really matter to the teams motivation to such a great extent?

This is aggressively wrong, so lets break it down.

Building up new players doesn't mean just abandoning older players, which is why we've been avoiding updates that change too much, or change systems that older players rely on & enjoy, why we took a lot of our basis from the community polling. The aim is to improve the player experience both new and old, and in doing so, improve the new player rate, and retention rate.

Secondly, I thought you were smart enough to realise the effects of constant negativity and toxicity, but lets analogise insead:

You have an enjoyable job, I don't know what you like to do, but lets say it's at a hospital. You're not being overworked (lol), you've got a good team who you enjoy working with, and your management stick up for you, and are competent. Sounds good, why would you ever leave?

Every day you have to go through a crowd, who scream at you, how you're a murderer for not using ivermectine to deal with the flu or some shit. Twice, since you have to go home too.

They're not part of the medical community, or the team at the hospital. But don't you think that might take a toll on your motivation to continue doing that job?

(05-09-2023, 04:39 PM)Haarek Wrote: Yes, I agree my "snarky" comment to Pollux was un-needed, but it was meant as a joke. I don't see the reason to be so uptight and take everything so personal. How do you expect people to want to join a community where you have to walk on eggshells constantly?

The same set of "jokes" that've been going round for months, from multiple people, some of whome use it to dogpile random threads with BS, after we've just made a post on this thread about how we'll be more proactive in removing shit like that from the forums, after we already issued warnings and bans to people arising from their conduct in this thread? Context is important, and it appears like you ignored all of it here in order to present yourself as the victim. Be better.

(05-09-2023, 04:39 PM)Haarek Wrote: The work you are doing is great. But I am going to be honest and say the past months of management has been shit, and a string of bad decisions has been made over several months. That's my genuine opinion from my point of view. There's not even a server up and running. Seriously, what the fuck, right?
Prey tell, what are these bad decisions?

Not starting a server that isn't ready? Where only like 25% of the changes are ready?

Clamp down on toxicity on the forums? Where multiple people have said that they don't go on the forums because of it?

Responding to clearly bait posts?

Don't just wildly gesticulate at bad decisions, be specific.
You want us to improve, or even to give you explainations?

General assertions are only good for grandstanding, and you're better than that.

(05-09-2023, 04:39 PM)Haarek Wrote: That's not to say things can't change. I support you guys, I truly do. The work you are doing is fantastic and you are doing a good job.

However opinions are as they are, I am annoyed with certain things, many people are.
Annoyance is fine, lots of us are annoyed.
I'm annoyed by the slow progress, I enjoy RPing. Shocked gasp, someone faints, questions asked at Parliament.

But you can be annoyed, without the constant "FL dead", "management shit", "all updates are useless".
You can be annoyed without the toxicity, the flaming et al.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 3 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  â€¢ Wolven, gin, Boonan

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 17 Apr - by User 19014 - 05-04-2023, 08:50 PM
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 17 Apr - by Doctor Internet - 05-10-2023, 11:35 AM
RE: The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 17 Apr - by User 19014 - 05-13-2023, 02:01 PM