Future of FL
(12-21-2022, 01:42 PM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: If the update isn't reverting racism and other offensive language to be allowed on the server I don't see the point carrying on you may as well shut this place down.

(12-19-2022, 10:04 AM)Haarek Wrote: I think we need to be honest of what kind of player base we are catering to;

Garry´s Mod is mainly compromised of 14 - 30 year old guys. I have never encountered a game with more hostility and insults in my life.

Allowing most toxicity would probably benefit the playercount short and long-term.

The current racism and toxicity rule is one of the few things we refuse to compromise on. I honestly wouldn't revert the rule even if it would give us a full server. I don't care about just filling a server up, I care about the quality of what actually goes on within it and everyone there having a fun time. I'd rather have fewer players who actually care than a full server that doesn't, as the latter isn't sustainable. FL is meant to be a fun environment for all, not just fun for a few at the expense of others. It's so easy for many of us who've never really experienced racism or harrassment to write it off as it just being the internet, but having spoken to people on the receiving end it's regretful that we ever allowed it. It's a shame that we were genuinely an influence in so many younger players thinking that type of behaviour is acceptable, and I can say we're 100% never going to consider removing the rule.

Lets move on from our racism and toxicity rule, it's really not that hard to follow.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-22-2022, 05:01 AM)Pollux Wrote: I honestly wouldn't revert the rule even if it would give us a full server.

Fair enough. I think that ends our discussion
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(12-22-2022, 05:01 AM)Pollux Wrote: It's so easy for many of us who've never really experienced racism or harrassment to write it off as it just being the internet, but having spoken to people on the receiving end it's regretful that we ever allowed it.

as an ethnic minority who has been on the receiving end of plenty of racism i am in support of reverting the racism rule
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(12-22-2022, 04:25 PM)James Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 05:01 AM)Pollux Wrote: It's so easy for many of us who've never really experienced racism or harrassment to write it off as it just being the internet, but having spoken to people on the receiving end it's regretful that we ever allowed it.

as an ethnic minority who has been on the receiving end of plenty of racism i am in support of reverting the racism rule

shush
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(12-25-2022, 03:30 PM)Kingstone Wrote:

shush

reported for racism
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • aDisabledDeer

as an ethnic majority who has been on the giving end of plenty of racism i am also in support of reverting the racism rule
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
The following 1 user Likes kakcraft's post:
  • James
if you make the game with all the new changes you did, this server will still be dead.
bring back the 2016 game
(12-30-2022, 03:31 PM)PrincessOfDubai Wrote: if you make the game with all the new changes you did, this server will still be dead.
bring back the 2016 game

If they where to bring back the 2016 version of Fearless it wouldn't fix half the issues the community has, Player Retention being one of them. A simple turn back of the clock is impossible for damage that has already been done.

I know that with the attempted revival of the community it's not going to make everything better and I don't know what to expect from the re-launch but half the issues are not with the gamemode it's the toxicity within the Fearless Community which is so clearly documented within half of the forum posts.

If people where so interested in making it work maybe then they should also make the effort when they play the game to make it a realistic experience for everyone because that is what we are all after...
[Image: FYJG4OF.png]
The following 2 users Like Doormat18's post:
  • Boonan, Doctor Internet
I stopped playing this game like 5 years ago y'all still doing this X>X
[Image: cfAyH6i.png]
Put my boy to rest. He's suffering :-(