Future of FL
Alright, alright, okay, uh, alright, okay, alright, okay
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Boonan
Alright, alright, okay, uh, alright, okay, alright, okay
The following 3 users Like User 19014's post:
  • livkx, L Y N C H Y, What?
It is becoming very clear that the community of Fearless has seen most that CityRP has to offer. Nostalgia isn't working as we experienced in the past months, and the updates prior to that of the last year or so have not been successful in keeping players interested for a prolonged time, either.

What's the possibility of looking into other gamemodes such as for example TTT, JailBreak or DeathRun? Is it the vision to keep the focus on CityRP for the foreseeable future?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Archer
(11-28-2022, 05:12 PM)Yonno Wrote: It is becoming very clear that the community of Fearless has seen most that CityRP has to offer. Nostalgia isn't working as we experienced in the past months, and the updates prior to that of the last year or so have not been successful in keeping players interested for a prolonged time, either.

What's the possibility of looking into other gamemodes such as for example TTT, JailBreak or DeathRun? Is it the vision to keep the focus on CityRP for the foreseeable future?

I don't see how doing TTT, JB or DR is any better than just closing? Why just switch niche just for the sake of doing it, when our (staff, devs, etc) interests aren't in those gamemodes.. Otherwise we'd be doing them ages ago.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(11-28-2022, 05:14 PM)Kingstone Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 05:12 PM)Yonno Wrote: It is becoming very clear that the community of Fearless has seen most that CityRP has to offer. Nostalgia isn't working as we experienced in the past months, and the updates prior to that of the last year or so have not been successful in keeping players interested for a prolonged time, either.

I don't see how doing TTT, JB or DR is any better than just closing? Why just switch niche just for the sake of doing it, when our (staff, devs, etc) interests aren't in those gamemodes.. Otherwise we'd be doing them ages ago.

It wasn't my intention to have it as a potential solution instead of closing the servers for now. It was merely an open question to management if this is something that is being or has been discussed as a potential solution to make Fearless more sustainable in the future.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsM_VmN6ytk
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006

Lmfao whats next, FLRP Roblox Edition??

Just run the old CityRP gamemode with another name/category breh

Only major move I disagree with thus far is shutting the server down during potentially one of the best months for a little more activity (Deezember)
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
The following 2 users Like Rowan13's post:
  • Falcon, Doormat18
epicc
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]
The following 1 user Likes Fry's post:
  • Birdy6006

We've already considered potentially having other servers, but ultimately we feel it'll distract from any CityRP effort and therefore delay any relaunch. There isn't really much point in us half-assing some secondary server, especially given the competition gamemodes such as TTT have and it's debatable as to what we'd even achieve. We did look into if there was some low-maintenance thing we could have up temporarily while the cityrp server is down, but we couldn't find much.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-28-2022, 09:48 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote:

Lmfao whats next, FLRP Roblox Edition??

Just run the old CityRP gamemode with another name/category breh

Only major move I disagree with thus far is shutting the server down during potentially one of the best months for a little more activity (Deezember)

I’m pretty sure it’s because when you’re developing and want to push and update, you click to push it to send it to main which then shuts the server down and resets it so whatever you created is now on main.

I know only very little on how that works and that’s how all the developers are able to make updates to their own files and push the update, rather than messing directly with the core, main files. I may be wrong though. 

Setting up a whole new server just to allow 3 people to play would just be more time consuming and effort that would be wasted at the end of the day.

To be fair though, it’s not like December is going to bring much people on, and if  it did, they’d just be gone in January for the same reasons. Shutting everything down to allow for a faster development is probably the best move.
The following 2 users Like Rossi's post:
  • Wolven, Boonan