Return of classic features to the gamemode
Pollux I agree with your approach but I think you might be a bit narrow minded in the way you're looking at this overall. Why don't you step back outside of the lens of the existing playerbase and CityRP?

Have you started to analyze the overall space of Roleplay games and consider the marketspace as whole? I think you're putting yourself in a trap a little bit by trying to guide the roadmap utilizing a subsection of a subsection. I think you taking a data driven, qualitative/quantitative approach is actually a good one, I just don't think you're doing analysis in the right space. You're basically analyzing a failing market and a small portion of those players within that failing market.

Every Product has a lifecycle and at the end of the day both Gmod & CityRP are products. Infusing with feature updates can be good but if it's too little too late, or the approaches aren't working it might be better to zoom out into a larger market perspective to get a sense of what is actually happening. Is this related to the Product, or a greater shift in the market?

I would argue there's been a major shift in the market, Gmod is on the decline overall and roleplay is starting to move especially to places like GTA V. It's harder to keep interest in Passive oriented servers in general because of other options and limited attention spans when faced with faster ease of use options. Why would someone spend 10 hours grinding to get a good gun and house when they could spend 1 and have a similar experience? Is our game mode easy to use and understandable to a new player?

We really need to zoom out of this tiny bubble, things are changing on a much larger scale and I understand something like the concept of turning into a "Cops and Robbers" gamemode is daunting and probably unpopular, but that's the level of change that I think is needed for long-term survival. I think a better change would be to actually start to analyze other games and figure out what that could look like, but you need a HUGE mindset shift. The community isn't thriving in Gmod any more, full stop. You can probably throw 100k of development at the problem but you have to ask, is that really going to change anything if it's developed towards CityRP.

Could the remaining time and resource be used better by selecting a more popular and bustling market (game/gamemode), and creating a partnership with an existing thriving community, allocating development resource to try and create another gamemode or break into a new game? I know these are huge and challenging proposition's, but nothing is working and you're running out of runway to properly deal with this situation. You have to do step back and look at the larger picture, you guys are trying changes within the lens of what you know or have been doing and wasting valuable time. Shoutout for trying what you've tried, but something bigger really needs to happen. You need to re-inspire the community.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Rylund, Archer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by Vauld - 11-04-2022, 05:30 AM
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by User 19014 - 11-05-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by User 19014 - 11-06-2022, 07:44 PM