Return of classic features to the gamemode
You guys are so silly. The base gamemode was cops & robbers for the history of FL. When it started to branch into mainly Passive RP feature-building is when the server started to fall off. The thing that kept people on for hours was the endless battles between the President & Rebel/Mafia organizations. Someone would go dictator, do crazy stuff, the server would be poppin' with activity until the President was dethroned typically via shootout. Everything RP related was created from this main gameplay loop. Weapons shops, protection/turf warfare, bomb shelters, martial law, passive civilizations outside the city, etc.

The weapons were cheap, simple and easy to acquire, which made it easier to keep players on the server for an extended period of time with little to no ramp up time to get involved.

I actually think it's the core gameplay loop of the server that's kind of been beat down over the past few years.

Pollux I get your point that everyone frames things from their perspective but I was the one doing Passive RP during these times for the most part, it was just kind of how it was. Constant action.

I think I have an overarching issue with management (besides doc internet <3 I'm his #1 fan) being so resistant to involving the community in the actual ideation and "Drawing board" conversations. I just don't understand why there's still this huge wall between the dwindling playerbase and management.

You guys are going to gatekeep until there's no one but management left. And then who will you be gatekeeping against? Talk to any players who are willing to provide ideas or feedback, have actual conversations not pre-defined survey questions. Your biggest critics probably have the most to say - listen to them. Like even the comment: "As I said earlier it's clear this approach isn't working and wasn't well thought out. We're going back to the drawing board to figure out a new approach and we'll roll with that." comes across as really elitist imo. Like you've basically just stated "We're pulling the curtains again from the 12 active players and will come back with another approach"...

You have no idea what you're doing, just admit it and work with the community instead of trying to uphold this pseudo-professionalism/gatekeeping behavior that everyone currently displays. Not a single person has reached out to me or anyone else (that I've spoken to) who's offered help over the last 12 months. What are you trying to prove by not accepting input or ideas? Ya'll just shooting yourselves in the foot. Just my humble thoughts, I doubt anything will get through to the people at the top though.
The following 6 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Fultz, Nacreas, Bulldogg, Rylund, MasterNoda, Archer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by Vauld - 11-04-2022, 01:44 AM
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by User 19014 - 11-05-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by User 19014 - 11-06-2022, 07:44 PM