Fantastic rules and where to find them
I understand that my proposal is the most radical you could go without going full anarchy. You do not have to agree about everything I argued here, the main point stands: Most of these rules actively prevent RP and could just as well be handled IC. This would reduce the load on admins keeping them available for actual problems and would make RP more fun as you don't have to feel like Winston Smith walking around fearing Big Brother to unphase any second issuing bans and blacklists. It helps closing a gap between players and staff as admins do not have to be punish players for stupid things such as crime in public.

Another thing I would like to mention: Keeping the rules short and memorable aids in lowering the time to play upon joining the server.
If you cannot prevent players having to wait a couple seconds for the content to load, why not familiarise them with the rules while they wait? I have seen a lot of TTT servers do this and it helps keeping everyone on the same page once on the server. The fact that I have to wait for the content and afterwards read through all of the rules unnecessarily adds to the already too long wait time.

Note, I am not proposing lax rules. I propose for all rules to have a necessity (preferably even state it) to be a rule and why it cannot be reasonably handled as an IC conflict. For all remaining rules, you can be as strict as humanly possible. In fact, consequential and consistent punishment of rule breakage helps gaining acceptance for admin actions and gives players a clear understanding of what they can and cannot do. Everyone understands that cheaters are game-breakers and should be immediately removed from the game. No if, no maybe. But '(85499) 2.1 - Eating a shoe to avoid RP', '(85487) You were already warned about bypassing OOC blacklists, twice. Stop.' and '(85450) Lying to me in an admin sit and excessive mingery' just goes to show how far these rules can and will be stretched in their interpretation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantastic rules and where to find them - by Arkten - 08-27-2022, 12:50 PM
RE: Fantastic rules and where to find them - by User 19014 - 08-27-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: Fantastic rules and where to find them - by User 19014 - 09-12-2022, 05:51 PM