State of FL
(08-06-2022, 10:58 AM)Bulldogg Wrote: Pollux I see your point about Fearless dying out and your desire to take action.
But you fail and completely misunderstand the assignment here; it's not about attempting to repair the gamemode; it's a community effort, as Link stated out. With that said, you must adapt to the demands of the community, rather than your own subjective beliefs within management.
Consider the following: what is FL without its key/core members?
Would you lose a majority of your core members if you were to delete/drastically change the gamemode?
Would changing the gamemode without getting a vote from the community be a good idea?

I personally joined Fearless now as for the same reasons that I joined back in the day. Are you about to change Fearless into some quest-based > progression game, I think WoW would be the option then? You may start from scratch, loose all of your loyal/core members, and focus on establishing a "semi" new community. Good luck.

I was a bit vague and many are misunderstanding what I said so I'll go into more detail. We're planning on adding more RPG elements to our existing gamemode. Our features which already involve progression (such as Farming) have done extremely well compared to others, so we're looking to extend that system to other methods. An example could be weed, where similar to farming we add in progression and things/skills you unlock the more you do it. Our recent fishing port is another good example of how we want jobs and money-making methods to be, with clear progression and unlocks from doing it.

Quests would be aimed at giving newer players something to immediately do rather than being lost, for example one could be going paramedic and reviving 5 people. The aim of this system would be to make the first few hours less overwhelming and add some direction, I don't see it adding much value to older players though.

The current gamemode only works well when there's 40+ people online, below that it becomes boring as so many things rely on other players to be fun (such as cop, which is the most popular job). This makes it unsustainable, as a dip below that for even a few days can end up killing it off as people won't join on low playercounts if they feel like not many will join after. Our aim is to add in more to do when not many are on by having a better progression system you can work on even if you're alone. I know the EC team is also working hard in planning a few cool events in the meantime to try kickstart player population again, similar to how the update we had a month ago did.

We're also planning on doing another survey, this is long overdue but it should hopefully be soon. The past month has been an extremely busy time for a lot of us, with myself being away for the majority of it and other members of management being busy with work. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling again similar to what we did a month ago, because we really were doing quite well in terms of motivation within the team and activity.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Messages In This Thread
State of FL - by Haarek - 08-05-2022, 09:35 PM
RE: State of FL - by gin - 08-05-2022, 09:37 PM
RE: State of FL - by L Y N C H Y - 08-05-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: State of FL - by Link - 08-05-2022, 11:33 PM
RE: State of FL - by Pollux - 08-05-2022, 11:49 PM
RE: State of FL - by Haarek - 08-06-2022, 09:24 AM
RE: State of FL - by Doctor Internet - 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
RE: State of FL - by Generation - 08-06-2022, 04:02 PM