What windows users do to macs... (including me)
(03-07-2012, 08:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: The PC is often superior to the Mac considering first of all, the software available for both systems. Much of the software on the net is coded mainly for PC/Windows, whereas a majority are porting over to support Mac due to its new popularity in design. A PC's is much more compliant when it comes to system drivers, as well as increased system compatibilities.

There maybe a bigger variety of software for Windows, only reason for this is again that more people are using Windows, just logical that there is more software for is than. Doesn't mean that there is software for Mac missing, I don't know anything which is not available for Mac, even if it's just a similar program, there always is an equivalent.

(03-07-2012, 08:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Addressing StillAlive's issue on boot time, Windows/PC boots up a much larger amount of services and drivers. As it all depends on your boot priority. I believe how it ran before with XP was the system loaded and afterward drivers were loaded causing an overall fast boot time. Compared to the Vista, 7, and 8 versions, which preload all items before booting into Windows completely. By doing so they prevent otherwise fatal errors that could possibly happen. Anyhow boot time can be increased by twice the amount that StillAlive, with around 2-3 seconds, if you wish to spend $50 on a small 60GB SSD to use as a boot drive.

Well, what does it boot that shit up for? I've got the same programs enabled for boot up on my Mac as I have on my Windows PC, still my Mac boots up in some seconds, the PC takes several minutes.

(03-07-2012, 08:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Tech Support or products are on much higher demand for Windows/PC meaning better customer support and overall better user performance. There is much more tech pieces such as RAM specialized for Windows/Linux (Since its basically MS-DOS) compared to Mac. As of now, they are starting to develop memory, which is optimized for Mac platform PC's.

Of course there is more tech support for Windows... more errors need more people to help fix them, stupid.

(03-07-2012, 08:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: A common argument with Mac and PC is design and elegance. Overall Mac uses the same elements of the windows GUI, adds more color, and rounds the edges of tool bars, status bar, etc.

Well it's obvious, doing anything with a Mac is good fun because everything looks pretty and does fancy effects when you do something. Yes, some things are probably not necessary, other things are really handy though, e.g. Mission Control by swiping up the trackpad with four fingers, makes it so easy to see whats open and change between things. I can name many more things.

(03-07-2012, 08:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Another common myth is with a Mac you cannot receive and contract any viruses. This is completely wrong. Considering the cross-platform abilities of Java and other coding languages, just about anything programmed in the said languages are cross-platform from Windows to Mac to Linux.

That Mac doesn't have viruses as Windows does is obviously wrong, still it's safe to say that there are LESS viruses for Mac than for Windows which makes it overall safer.

(03-07-2012, 08:49 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Windows is honestly better optimized for everyday task and software. Including it's compatibility with other OS's and even it's cheaper price. You get a better performance to price ratio. Mac is simply overpriced and lacks the performance to compete with PC on a gaming level and large-scale developing level.

Windows better for everyday things? I honestly don't think so, the good thing about Mac is that you open it and it works immediately, you are able to check your mails and everything within a blink of a second, check something out on the web and close it back again within one minute. This is not possible with Windows that fast.

Yes, Mac is overpriced and the performance/price ratio may not be the best, but this does only count for the hardware, the software is clearly working better than Windows and I would pay twice the Windows price to get it.

(03-07-2012, 11:12 PM)Coal Felpz Wrote: Mac's are for minimalists with tons of money.

I'm neither a minimalist, nor do I have a ton of money.

(03-07-2012, 11:12 PM)Coal Felpz Wrote: You can get so much better than a matte chrome brick for $999. Translating from Windows to Mac after growing up with Windows 7 is like trying to read Japanese, upside down and backwards. They just put the X and Minimize buttons on the other side to piss people off.

Yes, hardware wise you can get more.

I grew up with Windows, I started with Windows 95, going through all systems afterwards. I was using Kubuntu and other Linux based systems during that time but I am using only Mac since the middle of last year.

(03-07-2012, 11:12 PM)Coal Felpz Wrote: The computer cant even run minesweeper. Coming into a gaming community boasting about your Mac is like going into a Ferrari dealer and telling them about your Porsche. Have fun playing Minesweeper.

[Image: 132367088458.png]

Dare to think!
The following 4 users Like Nudelholz's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate, ForceGhost, equal, StillAlive
One word.

Bootcamp.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
Hmm, interesting...
1 Word to every one who challenged Nudel in this argument.

[Image: 35deml.jpg]

Challengers reactions.

[Image: 1315623696829.jpg]
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(03-08-2012, 08:31 AM)Equalizer Wrote: 1 Word to every one who challenged Nudel in this argument.

[Image: 35deml.jpg]

Challengers reactions.

[Image: 1315623696829.jpg]

Atleast we gave it a try. Tounge
I keep it short. I prefer having a PC since I get better hardware for less money, plus you can make the quality just like you want it. For example you can go with a cheap plastic case, or a nice brushed aluminium one. You can buy a cheap keyboard, or a nice Logitech one etc. The quality and the looks are up to yourself if you build your own PC. And if you don't like Windows, then try a Linux OS. Laptops are more difficult to customize. I do own an Asus N53S which has a nice aluminium finish, great speakers and a lot of useful connectors. I'm satisfied with it and didn't experience any problems at all yet.

[Image: 2cnjt38.jpg]

Destroying an Apple computer is stupid though.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Well I don't have any problems with Windows of course, but I can't stand the people raging against Mac for no particular reason. Obviously both things have their pro and cons, still most of the people who have no idea, because they never played around on a Mac longer than 5 minutes in the Apple Store, say it's bad. It's as good as any computer, it's probably better at some things and yes it may be quite expensive.

But look at cars for example, there are many good looking and overpriced cars, their engines are probably really good, but for the price of the car itself you could probably get a better engine and put it in a not so good looking car, or modify a different engine to be better as the one in the expensive car.
Still people buy the good looking and overprized, some because they like a complete package where everything is meant to be together and works perfectly like it is, without having to customize everything.
Dare to think!
Aye, well now its just Opinion vs. Opinion.
Both computers are great, just for different uses!

Compare a Lambo and a Bulldozer, they are cool, just for different things.
But damn Nudel, you have a hell of an argument.
A PC and a Mac you use for the same things, comparing it with a Bulldozer and a Lamborghini is odd.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Sommer
What's so "LOL EPIC" about it? Some guys wasting money/technology with a sledgehammer.