Gamemode Changes to merchant jobs
(06-21-2022, 07:17 PM)Pollux Wrote: We have some ideas planned on how to fix merchants, however it's too early to say much and not all of it will be done alongside the economy reset due to it waiting on a few other things first. One thing that isn't currently possible is your suggestion to stop self-supply, we can't add unique data to items right now due to how the system works. Repair boxes are already expensive and take ages, people simply don't care. Due to it being VCmod and locked behind a DRM, we're really limited on how we can modify it.

The entire market system should be changing alongside the reset which might help merchants, however this won't fix everything. There will also be a smaller inventory limit so hopefully people can't stockpile as much. We also already have plans to nerf fishing or make it harder. Merchants are still somewhat boring to play as and a solution for that won't be here for a while.

I'm open to short-term stuff we can do while we work on long-term updates to resolve it.

I don't think merchants will ever be as "exciting" as other jobs...and that is completely a-okay. Some jobs are by nature more passive and boring - it isn't really limited to merchants, the Nexus Desk Secretary is the same, or for that matter, the Chauffeur. Instead of making major inherent changes to these jobs, alternative and interesting ways of playing those should be promoted - different sorts of chefs for example, in restaurant settings or whatnot. A roleplay problem should not be solved with extra-roleplay solutions.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep

Messages In This Thread
Changes to merchant jobs - by Obsidial - 06-19-2022, 02:56 PM
RE: Changes to merchant jobs - by -(P)- Dabster - 06-20-2022, 09:35 AM
RE: Changes to merchant jobs - by Pollux - 06-21-2022, 07:17 PM
RE: Changes to merchant jobs - by Archer - 06-21-2022, 09:04 PM
RE: Changes to merchant jobs - by Pollux - 06-27-2022, 09:31 PM