Whats your mindset?
It is all about independence. The more independent you are from others the less you have to care about them, which in turn makes you immune to the bs they try to shove onto you.

I do agree with you in the case that people could enjoy more of their life, though i doubt that the magical solution (or necessary condition for that matter) is to spend money. I often feel as though that is what people like to believe: That there is an easy fix for whatever they are unhappy about (do sports or spend money or visiting new places), however ultimately all these do not solve the root problem of their unhappiness. They would rather spend their life chasing something that in the end does not fulfill them in the way they though of in the first place leading to more frustration for "having wasted so much time".

What I want to get at are mainly two things: First, value comes from your own determination. You decide whether something is valuable to you or not and (past the bare necessities e.g. clean drinking water) you are very free to assign the values you give to things. Valueing the simple things in life, while sounding cheesy, can help you in reducing unhappiness due to unrealistic goals.
Secondly, there is no easy solution. You have to put in effort yourself. Just having it being given to you makes you way too comfortable with that situation and you find yourself expecting happiness being given to you because "that is how it has always been". It just makes you dependent and act like an angry child when you dont get the things you think you 'deserve'. Let me tell you: You deserve nothing other than the direct consequences of your actions. Everything else is a fluke.

As for the 'we are all doomed' part: Stoicism can help a lot here. Just caring about the things you can actually influence will help you in setting you priorities and accepting whatever fate has to offer. My personal tip: I think of my time here on earth as being borrowed ever since I turned 18. As a free person I have been given this life and I ultimately have to return it at an unknown date as it is just been borrowed. Thinking of it that way, even though I very much have goals I would like to achieve, it is OK if I were to die today. After all, it is inevitable.

Could write more on freedom and independence, but I am short on time rn. So you might see a follow up.
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • RoCKy

Messages In This Thread
Whats your mindset? - by RoCKy - 04-24-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Equinox - 04-24-2022, 10:52 PM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Haarek - 04-25-2022, 02:44 PM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Arkten - 06-03-2022, 07:05 AM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Joe Joe - 06-03-2022, 01:24 PM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Ranger - 06-03-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Nacreas - 06-04-2022, 02:57 AM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Awestruck - 06-04-2022, 02:43 PM
RE: Whats your mindset? - by Marty - 06-09-2022, 05:15 PM