Moving to the “DarkRP” section of the gmod menu.
We're less visible in the DarkRP section than our current, there's thousands of servers within DarkRP and that's ignoring the fact that we're not even DarkRP in the first place. You basically don't even show up in the section under 50 players. While sure maybe some servers have magically found success, I doubt it's ever due to the move alone and I can think of a few examples that have failed or done worse by moving into DarkRP. The server list is also meant to be sorted by what gamemode you are, I hate the mess the DarkRP category has become and I don't really want any part of it unless we really have to.

The previous move we did into DarkRP was something I was personally extremely against and ended up harming us more than helping, this isn't something I'm willing to support again especially considering we're hardly that desperate. While our player count may be unstable, we still do get a decent amount of players on most days and this is something we can improve without having to go straight to drastic measures. If the situation gets worse as it did a few months ago then sure we'll look into measures like this, but not right now.

I'm going to decline this as it's a move that'll be decided by us (management & development) if we ever have to alongside other potential measures. It isn't really appropriate for a community vote due to the risk involved.

Declined
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving to the “DarkRP” section of the gmod menu. - by Pollux - 01-25-2022, 02:29 PM