MrTibo
Good morning MrTibo,

The reason I awarded you with this blacklist was because of how you reacted to the situation shown in your video.

Within the first 35 seconds of your video, I had already noted some rule infractions that you had committed. While the occupants of the vehicle may of broken FearRP and ignored your orders - which is a common frustration that I sympathize with - that is not an open invitation for you to gun them down immediately. You had several options at your disposal at that moment, you could of made an @ call yourself for example to report the infraction, before engaging in a chase with your police vehicle, and possibly using a tactical manoeuvre or utilising some spikestrips to bring the criminals to justice. Instead you mowed them down with bullets, and in the process broke several rules including 3.1 (as there was no valid roleplay reason to shoot them as they could of been stopped in less destructive ways), 3.1a (you should consider being less trigger-happy as you should always engage in more passive approaches to ending chases or any sort of situation first, and only go full Rambo once you have exhausted such means), and 3.5 (your actions of killing criminals who posed no immediate threat to your life did not properly reflect the potential for loss of your job or liberty).

I can understand being in the heat of the moment and acting impulsively to resolve a perceived threat, but regardless what you did was against the rules. The big issue is when you state "when I started opening fire because I had pointed a gun in my face". The reason why it's the big issue is because it's exactly the problem. You should never have immediately opened fire on somebody just because they pointed a gun in your face, and you should of used the methods I mentioned above instead to resolve the escaping band of criminals from the Nexus, instead of simply whipping out your gun and spraying them down. Returning to why I decided it was appropriate to give you a 6 hour blacklist: I did so because I am not convinced that this concept of "violence is always the last option" is actually getting through to you. You have 4 prior blacklists involving weapons, three of which were issued in the last week alone. The cherry on the cake was at around the 38 second mark of your video, when you start to open fire at the escaping vehicle as other traffic containing completely innocent and uninvolved players was trying to drive down the street. If anything you're lucky at the leniency you've been given.

As for the argument of "Excessive force is debatable", I disagree as you should have never resorted to such an extreme show of force as a first course of action; that is the crucial aspect of this blacklist that I must insist upon your understanding of. The Black Market Dealer did indeed have a gun, but I have not noted anywhere in your own video to suggest where he threatened you, thus completely invalidating your need to obliterate him, his friends, and the car. 

The length of the blacklist is as long as it is because I think you need some time to cool off from using weaponry and revisit the rules on combat situations as not only have you not demonstrated an understanding of them but you also have showed no signs of trying to learn from your mistakes, even after the slew of weapons blacklists you have gained this past week. The reason I still included that last part of the blacklist was to remind you that by spraying bullets around to solve all your problems, you will inevitably run into problems as a result, whether sought or unsought - and regardless, at the end of the day: you still broke the rules as far as I can tell.

The only aspect I am willing to concede on was the initial blacklist from physgun, which was unintended as I was rather aiming to remove your access to the police officer job. This has been rectified however, and the blacklist shall remain as issued unless you convince me otherwise. I would of explained all of the above in the admin sit, however a technical issue on my end prevented me from doing so (game crash).

If you would like me to consider removing this blacklist, I would appreciate if you could reply with the following questions answered so I can come to an appropriate and objective conclusion:

Why should you be trusted with weapons again so soon after a clear disregard for the rules involving them in combat scenarios?
Do you understand that you have alternative options to shooting those who start a chase or break FearRP?
Will you realise that violence should always be your last course of action?

I await your response.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Messages In This Thread
MrTibo - by MrTibo - 07-02-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: MrTibo - by Lewwings - 07-02-2021, 11:39 PM
RE: MrTibo - by Lewwings - 07-03-2021, 09:07 AM
RE: MrTibo - by MrTibo - 07-05-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: MrTibo - by Lewwings - 07-08-2021, 07:09 PM