[FL] Pollux
(06-22-2021, 07:08 PM)h3x Wrote: I'm too tired atm to write a massive point about it but if external programs such as macros are banned, threads relating to them should be removed from the forums. I'm not allowed to start distributing C++ or Lua hacks here and since they're basically covered under the same ToS they should be cleaned up to sort out confusion which could be argued that Mr Ice saw threads relating to it and wrote his own, etc

basically, ban too harsh considering point above, not going to start saying there's a greater motive because i can't be bothered, pollux meanie for banning him and not issuing a verbal warning or a more friendly punishment, pollux meanie for way he talked to me, im going to bed, good night gamers

We're not talking about someone making a simple innocent lawscript or anything here, this is a massive script to mass manufacture items and bypass the AFK timer. The two threads you linked aren't relevant to this either, one is about a lawscript which doesn't work anymore as we have a new laws system and the other isn't even related to garry's mod. It's common sense that an AFK bypassing script isn't allowed on the server as why would we even have the system if it was allowed.

Top of rules page Wrote:It's impossible to cover every single detail within the rules, so we expect you to use your common sense and not do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you aren't sure whether something is allowed or not, ask a staff member to clarify (@ command).

The ban is lenient considering bans in the past for malicious scripts and bypassing AFK being extremely harsh in general. You can't argue that it isn't covered within the rules or ToS as it and is also common sense, if FireIce was unsure he should've asked a staff member. It also doesn't help that FireIce has lied the entire time about the script, why would he lie about it unless he knew it was against the rules? This entire thing was maliciously done with full knowledge that it wasn't allowed on the server and the ban reflects that. I don't even decide the ban length, I banned for two days (maximum I can do) and it was extended by an administrator upon my request. I still think the ban is too short given the full situation, the length of time FireIce has been using third party programs to cheat on our services and the fact he lied the entire time.

I don't think my attitude has been bad at all either, at most I've just been blunt as I know what happened and I know the entire UBR was a lie. This entire situation is annoying if anything and this staff report is baseless as all I've done is responded and punished FireIce appropriately after several @ calls were made by community members on his behaviour. I'd also like to just bring up this quote from the Staff Report guidelines on what isn't abuse:

Quote:Punishing you in various forms, even if you don't like the reason.*

FireIce's UBR was denied as he lied throughout the entire thing and the punishment was deemed valid. Your opinion that the ban is too harsh isn't a valid reason to make a staff report.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Messages In This Thread
[FL] Pollux - by User 7141 - 06-21-2021, 03:53 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Pollux - 06-21-2021, 04:50 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Edned - 06-21-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by User 7141 - 06-21-2021, 05:56 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by User 7141 - 06-22-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Pollux - 06-22-2021, 07:34 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Edned - 06-22-2021, 07:54 PM