[FL] Pollux
Hello FireIce and h3x,

There really isn't much to add to this report. I fail to see how I abused my powers at all here nor do I see any evidence of it. You've provided clear evidence showing that FireIce broke our rules on the server and that he has lied within the courthouse. My statements made on the thread were valid and FireIce has been punished accordingly. I don't decide the ban length, that is up to whoever extends the ban for me.

I'd also like to quote this from the staff report guidelines:
Quote:Example points that are not abuse:
Punishing you in various forms, even if you don't like the reason.*

The reason was valid and has been backed up by several staff members. I didn't punish him alone, several admins witnessed his actions and agree with the ban remaining in place which is why his UBR was denied. I advise not using external programs to maliciously perform tasks on the server in the future. I would also like to add that our ToS was indeed broken and that the ban reason should be extended and updated, this however is not up to me.

ToS Wrote:1.12. ARE THERE THINGS I CAN'T DO ON THE SERVICES?

You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

- use the Services to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Fearless;
- damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services (or any device connected to the Services);
- resell or redistribute any part of the Services or access to the Services;
- use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Services;
- use any automated process or service (such as a bot, a spider, periodic caching of information or metasearching) to modify, access or use the Services, or to copy or scrape data from the Services;
- obtain (or try to obtain) any data from the Services or related hardware, except the data that we intend to make available to you; or
- use the Services or related software to design, develop, or update unauthorized software.

I would also like to add that the bit from ToS that you quoted only states examples of what may be breakage of ToS, it is not a complete list.

ToS Wrote:You can't use unauthorized software to access the Services, nor can you modify the provided software or information in any unauthorized way (e.g., tampered copies of Steam clients, add-ons developed for gameplay tampering, cheats or hacks, or unauthorized downloads).

So let's just sum up everything that has happened here:
  • FireIce used an external program to cheat on our server
  • He was caught and banned after an investigation
  • He made a UBR lying about what happened
  • I defended my ban and stated it was valid, I provided proof of it being valid to the staff team
  • UBR got denied due to evidence of it happening and him obviously lying
  • You made a staff report providing evidence of him using an external program to cheat on our server
  • You've quoted the part of our ToS that he has indeed broken
  • You then try argue that the ban is invalid and I abused my powers?

I think that about sums this all up.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Messages In This Thread
[FL] Pollux - by User 7141 - 06-21-2021, 03:53 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Pollux - 06-21-2021, 04:50 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Edned - 06-21-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by User 7141 - 06-21-2021, 05:56 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by User 7141 - 06-22-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: [FL] Pollux - by Pollux - 06-22-2021, 07:34 PM