[Development] Dev needs to be optimised
(05-14-2021, 01:43 PM)h3x Wrote: I don’t think shell access is really needed plus just because you can script Lua doesn’t mean you know your way around a shell, especially since it’s all managed via docker, could FTP servers be setup inside the docker containers instead for security? That way devs don’t get access to the dedi’s full filesystem, just the gmod server directory

Pterodactyl already puts the entire server into a docker container and provides a per-user FTP account which you can use to access files within that container. We were refused it anyway as it isn't logged and we could "abuse" it. I've already spent a lot of my time here on FL arguing about dev changes and pushing them back with dev strikes, it's a constant battle that I kinda gave up with a while ago as I've been focusing on other projects since which I have much more control over and I have also had uni coursework I've been focusing on.

I stopped caring about it a while ago but it is ironic how the only developer on the team who has ever abused their trust massively has full access and is in control of everyone else.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Development] Dev needs to be optimised - by Pollux - 05-14-2021, 01:52 PM