[Development] Dev needs to be optimised
1/5) A while back we did agree on proper development pay for big projects, however, since then, there has really been no projects done that fit in to this category. I’d argue bug fixes and such should be rewarded, even if small, just hard to track this easily. I agree with more transparency, at least in the team, regarding dev pay, etc.

2/3) There is a “pipeline”, but it benefits nothing really at the moment other than keeping Git tidy. There is protocol for testing, and for the most part, that is done, however, we’re working with a dead beast of a gamemode, hence it is borderline impossible to stop any issues from arising in the first place, even with testing.

4) Strongly agree with this point. Devs have access to the game panel, however, access to the dedicated server and VMs was recently restricted to 2 people, whom both happen to be inactive a lot of the time. This was especially frustrating to me, having been working on improving some of the backend infrastructure at the time this change was pushed. Without at least someone active having the knowledge and access, we have to deal with issues constantly that many people will have noticed recently, with the server being down for hours at a time. Again, other issues have arisen in the past because of inactive management of these systems, for example the backup system not working for a few months before it was noticed.
We need a collaborative effort in the team to ensure that the backend systems run as intended, however that is not the case currently, as it has been gatekept.

Personally I’ve not had much time to dedicate to development due to exams, as of late. I spent a large chunk of my time in the past few months fixing up some old, insecure, unstable backend code before access was taken, and I still believe this choice is not in the best interests of the community.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 5 users Like Conn's post:
  • Kappatalist, User 7141, max., GeoxAreBad, Lewwings

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Development] Dev needs to be optimised - by Conn - 05-08-2021, 12:18 PM