[Development] Dev needs to be optimised
Title of Suggestion: [Development] Dev needs to be optimised

Why?
Discussion argument

The current development team are underpaid and overworked. Paying them in game money, which by the way, has no value relating to actual money while donations are directly paid into Divey's PayPal account is inexcusable. The developers of the gamemode should be financially rewarded for developing the systems/mechanics that influence players into buying donator and money packs.

Keywords
Prod = The server you know and roleplay on.

Development overhauls requested:

1. Developers of the gamemode and forums should receive a fair (monetary) wage for producing application code for the Fearless RP community, Garry's mod and the Forums included
  2. Development staff should have access to a CL/CD pipeline to test their code before it's deployed to the prod server. (Reduces bugs for the users). I believe this exists in some form due to the Beta server, however the pipeline from IDE to server could be improved. See 4.
  3. Developmental features should be fully tested before deploying to prod
  4. The server application panel(pterodactyl)/Docker containers/SFTP needs to be accessible to all developers. If a community member is trusted with the application code that runs FL, why are they not trusted with access to the servers? This creates arguments and disgruntlements. Someone hired to write application code for you should be able to understand the backend systems. Otherwise, this creates bugs.
  5. Developer payments should be made public to Administrator and Super administrator ranks. This proves authenticity. 

The current development system is disgusting and unethical, leading to bug reports such as the 2 I've reported in the past to FL staff which are currently private due to the contents of the reports.

This thread will develop as I produce points for the Devs, Divey and Edned, as of now (08/05/21), it's publishable.
The following 6 users Like User 7141's post:
  • Slaint, Kappatalist, ART, Rutobia, Hooter, Spartan_KCT

Messages In This Thread
[Development] Dev needs to be optimised - by User 7141 - 05-08-2021, 04:37 AM