Zona
Steam Name: Zona

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:111437847

BlacklistID(s): 108420

Blacklist Reason
Blatantly abusing the ASP baton - Violence should always be the last option - You should know better.

Staff Member: Haarek

Involved users
Strike10 (Can't remember the other guys)

Why should you be unblacklisted?
I've been blacklisted for rule; 3.1a Violence should always be the last option.
This was the situation due to the use of the baton;

A player came over to me and confessed that he had killed someone. There were several police officers at sight and I believe there were 4 people in total at the scene. We were then attempted to be put into handcuffs which resulted in him running away. We decided to take out our batons and tasers in order to stop the suspect, but this didn't help in order to get the suspect to stop moving.

We continuously kept moving further and further and after he once raised up again I had the baton as my tool in order to knock him out as he kept moving further and further. Unfortunately, when I tried to aim for the head in order to knock him out, the baton accidentally managed to kill the suspect instead.

We went "Oooo that was not good" followed by being dragged up to the roof by an administrator.

I fully agree with you Hareek that violence should be the last option, but as you see in today's police forces; also in Norway - the baton is being used when people fail to follow orders. 

I would fully agree with you and the punishment if I withdrew a gun and shot the suspect in order to kill him intentionally, however, that was not the case in this situation. The suspect had killed someone earlier and failed to follow orders.

When we also talk about accidents as a government official; I do not believe a punishment would be handed out if I accidentally managed to kill someone in a shoot out. I am confident that the situation will be sorted out nicely in-game and IC. 

We used the least lethal tools we had available at that time which were tasers and batons and as we normally say in these situations; I believe a situation where a police officer accidentally managed to kill a suspect with his least lethal tools - it should be taken IC and maybe even to the courthouse if we would like to roleplay out the scenario.

I hope we can agree on those terms, and I'm thrilled to hear your reply! Smile
[Image: clvck9d.png]

Messages In This Thread
Zona - by Zona - 11-30-2020, 02:36 AM
RE: Zona - by Haarek - 11-30-2020, 12:32 PM
RE: Zona - by Zona - 11-30-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: Zona - by Haarek - 12-01-2020, 10:50 AM