Changing perception on banning people
Before I continue, this is not disrespecting the admin team in any way shape or form. I think the admin team is currently is at its best right now than it ever has. However, that doesn't mean there is not room for improvement.

One thing, that needs to be brought up is banning for the sake of banning.

Some bans for example:

Using anti-afk scripts  -  6 month ban (3rd ban) [Currently live]).
Power gaming - 6 month ban (11th ban) [currently live[).

This is to name some, i'd love to go through more however there is nolonger a ban page thing anymore.

What I think should be looked into is:

- Is the intention malicious? If the intention of them being on the server is simply going around prop killing, mass CDM. Yes, ban them for 6 months, they are quite clearly here to ruin other peoples experience. However, in some cases its a simple fuck up where someone interprets a rule one way than an admin or simply fucks up. There is 170~ rules of which apply in one form or another. For some people this isn't easy to remember all the time.

I really think consideration should be taken into banning those who have large hours on the server and are active. By general math, if you play the server more you're more exposed to getting banned. And this increases dramatically when you're involved in AggressiveRP. For some people who are on 11-14 bans if they receive a ban for FearRP are looking at a 6 month ban. Now im not saying that if you're active and have loads of bans you require immunity however if their intentions were malicious then they would be banned.

I do agree they should be 'punished' as in 2 day ban, or to the person they did it to compensation of 30k or the loadout they cost the person etc however a 6 month ban is just over the top.

In some cases you're giving someone who legitimately messed up a longer ban than someone whos come on and mass prop killed and only gets a 1 month ban. 

Also, one that really annoys me is people who are getting 5-6 month bans for 'bypassing anti-afk timer'. Its not malicious, just kick them. They're enjoy playing the server to the point where they don't want to leave and you're banning them from the server because they're bypassing something to kick them? Just kick the person, don't ban them.

Once again, this isn't a stab at the admin team as they're doing well but I really think we should start looking at the future of FL and start considering how its going to survive. If you keep banning loyal members when they mess up they'll be loyal no longer.

Ban those who deserve it, not those who don't.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Haarek

Messages In This Thread
Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-12-2018, 10:16 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-12-2018, 11:05 AM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by Deleted User - 07-13-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Changing perception on banning people - by User 12049 - 07-18-2018, 10:12 PM