Report: Dimitris
Hello Rookie.
Before I conclude this report, I think it would be useful to show you why that base is built the way it is. I use the same style of doorway/cover hybrid and I have found it to be both fair and in line with the rules.

The purpose of the short length-ways prop is actually to give you, the attacker, an increased chance of success.

[Image: TFxCGPV.png]

As you can see, the purpose of this prop is to provide you with cover while you are doing a task such as keypad cracking or breaching. Without it, the defender would have line-of-sight on you and would most likely continue to fire.

Even if the door was simply one source unit deep, you would still be forced to walk in a straight line for a few feet until your player-model clears the prop's influence and you can move side to side again.

Put simply, this doorway is almost no more advantageous than any other doorway on the map.
I would even go as to say it is safer to breach than most other doors, because you can see if a defender is hiding behind it by looking around the corner though the firing hole. Most other doors you have to run in blind.

As mentioned previously, this style of base has been approved my multiple administrators in the past and I for one share their opinion on it.

Thank you for your patience.

Denied.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]

Messages In This Thread
Report: Dimitris - by Rookie (Isaac) - 05-19-2018, 08:59 AM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Dimitris - 05-19-2018, 02:09 PM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Grape - 05-19-2018, 02:29 PM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Rookie (Isaac) - 05-19-2018, 03:57 PM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Grape - 05-19-2018, 05:36 PM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Rookie (Isaac) - 05-19-2018, 06:28 PM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Captain Barry - 05-19-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Report: Dimitris - by Exotic - 05-19-2018, 09:22 PM