AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
I think the biggest issue is the mentality of individuals and what AggressiveRP entails.

In my opinion - I never saw what many see as AggressiveRP as truly a form of role-play and that is because as an older generation of role-players took their leave in 2011/2012 this concept had turned into something completely different.

AggressiveRP was never just about raiding and killing - it was a form of role-play that actually refrained from killing unless it was absolutely necessary. It involved character backstory, player interactions that developed a narrative and thus resulted in actions that may have been considered Aggressive but very rarely did it ever result in what I see happening today. Shooting each other over the most undeveloped reasons and using weapons mainly to kill instead of using them to control and direct a player interaction. You may be thinking that the entire point of the weapon is to end somebodies life - however this is a concept in itself that damages the entire concept of role-play in its entirety. Everything has become about money. Weapons cost money, Kevlar costs money, Health Kits cost money, Time is money. RP Situations in the past years weren’t about the money but were about the RP interactions that players had and it wasn’t just about coming out on top. Even in situations where you had the advantage, say for example you had someone at gunpoint, you still opened up the possibility to let people find a way to counter your position. Nowadays it’s just about who has the bigger weapons and who wins the gunfights. Everything now is about winning in all circumstances because you're afraid to lose money/weapons/items.

It’s not AggressiveRP, it’s simply child’s play. I don’t wish to see this coming back but would instead like to see a return of AggressiveRP that emphasized on role-play. Character development and narratives that extend beyond one server session. Gang conflicts that aren’t always just about shooting each other out of a car while they're driving away but instead letting them get away to prolong the role-play interactions and storyline.
The following 8 users Like Nevy's post:
  • TheSiphon, Floodify, Pollux, Iraqi Eagle, Ratatoskrr, Santaliz, MrTreeGames, MrFinnConlon

Messages In This Thread
RE: AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)] - by Nevy - 05-07-2018, 05:18 AM