Government Overhaul
Alright, lads, I know a lot of you really enjoy the government where it is it, but I feel some things really need to be changed for the better of Fearless as a whole. Some of these suggestions are bringing back old ideas, and some are new.

1. Arrest times for more than 15 minutes.

This is, in my opinion, one of the biggest complaints I have with current FL. The number of times people are being arrested for 15 minutes is through the roof. The problem with it is it seems to currently be the default for all arrests. You get caught jaywalking, 15 minutes, if you hit another car, 15 minutes, etc. The solution to this problem prior was you needed to have a jail guard to allow arrests higher than 5 minutes. We could either make this rule come back and have a jail guard or enact some rule to enhance realism where presidents must use accurate jail times for crimes.

2. Unrealistic police.

With the addition of the weapon locker, we have seen the government gain a huge increase in firepower. This is in some cases is a really good thing, in other cases, it has made evocity look like a very unrealistic place. Police officers should not be walking around with automatic rifles. Officers shouldn't be doing routine traffic stops pointing an m4 at the vehicle. My suggestion to fix this is police officers should only be able to wield automatic weapons while going to a raid, but can only wield pistols while doing routine things such as patrolling.

3. Remove locker advantage.

Going on top of the problem the weapon locker gives, the other is the fact members of government get free weapons. On top of giving them free weapons, they are also undroppable. My personal problem with this is if I get on the server and just feel like getting into gunfights, I would much prefer to go SRU instead of doing anything else because going SRU have no negatives because I don't lose anything. If I were to instead raid as a criminal, Corleone, or rebel, I am risking my own weapons, kevlar, and ammo. My solution to this is either make SRU and police pay for the weapons in the locker or when using the locker, it uses your weapons from your inventory, as well as make them droppable.

4. Make arrests ooc again.

Alright. Here is the final problem that needs solving. Bull shit arrests are at an all-time high. Why is this? Because there is no negative outcome from me just arresting you for "disrespect" or anything else I want to make up. Now I am not saying every arrest warrants an @ call, however, the ones that have zero reasoning do. Being arrested for 15 minutes is bad enough. But whenever you are arrested by a "corrupt" officer and you cannot contest it because you have to handle it IC is the icing on the cake. I understand the concept of trying to deal with it IC. But what are you really accomplishing by doing that? You might get a reasonable president who demotes the cop, but that only happens every once in a while. Normally you get ignored or the officer gets off, or the president who arrests you gets off. If the arrests is BS and you can prove it, it should go to an admin situation. I do not honestly see why this is still a thing and honestly, I see it as staff being lazy and not wanting to answer a couple more @ calls. But that last part is just me as @ calls for random arrest take only a couple seconds to tell if it is bs or not.

These are the ideas I think should be implemented. Discuss this some may be drastic, others can be further evaluated. As I think the government needs an overhaul on these focus points.
The following 6 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Baskingner, Grayhawk, Lewwings, Mustang, Jan, Iraqi Eagle

Messages In This Thread
Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Falc - 03-02-2018, 09:12 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Zona - 03-02-2018, 09:25 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 09:33 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by BasicallyMental - 03-02-2018, 10:05 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 10:46 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Grayhawk - 03-02-2018, 11:00 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Panda - 03-02-2018, 06:27 PM