Discussion - Recent survey questions
(01-04-2018, 05:13 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Give them time man. How long have you been on the server to actually see them improve? How can you know that no effort has been made? Im eager to hear why you are making that assumption because it puzzles me. You can reflect anything on the most negative way imaginable but that wont get us anywhere. 

It has barely been 4 days since this survey was released and (im assuming) that teachers dont have a live update on the form. The discussion about teachers started later as well so while 4 days is rediculously short in my opinion in reality its even shorter.

Allow me.
I, personally am a very active member. Over the past 4 days, I have played 50 hours of Garry's Mod, all on FL as I don't play other servers. (This is not aggressive, merely a question) Over the 4 day period (50 hours of FL), I have seen teachers on, 5 of the lot. I have seen, government - Not passive what so ever - and corleoneRP which resulted in aggressiveRP.
Now, unless teachers are on from midnight onwards until 11am next morning only or only conduct passiverp in that time frame, I have seen ONE bit of passiverp from Create which took place for 2 hours.

Now, you have your head stuck in the form. Forget the form, don't care what so ever about the form if i'm honest.
Feedback directly given towards teachers was given on the 1st (when the form was initially announced) and from the 2nd, when the announcement was locked and this thread was created, they have had a FULL 3 days (almost 4) to create some sort of passive RP (Which I did in less than an hour, as did other users (Just check the RP subform and actually join the servers)).
As for yourself. How active have you been over the past 4 days? As, what I have only seen as inactive I don't see what position you think you're able to stand in, getting into the middle of a discussion between me and another teacher if you cannot even join the server to prove your point.

Thats good on you, but how can you demand teachers (or from me) to show the same sort of activity you have? Can i only share my opinion here if i also play on the server for over 12 hours a day? Because in that case; no thank you, i have other stuff to do.

While your 'forget the form' argument holds merit it still doesnt change the situation. Youre demanding to see a lot of change in 3 days which isnt reasonable. ' Why hasn't anyone made an effort to change the way they 'teach?'  is quite the statement and one you frankly cant backup with arguments or facts. Are you keeping tabs on all the teachers to know they arent planning a change? Have you asked them all if they were planning to change something and they answered you all with a stern 'NO'?  I think not. 
Im a teacher and i can tell you that changing the way you teach stuff to people in a coordinated way (even on a Gmod server) doesnt simply change in 72 hours.

If you dont see what position i can take in this discussion then you should scroll up and read the text 'forum'. Its a public place and everyone can leave their opinion here, if you can, i dont see why i wouldnt be allowed to do the same. If you wanted no one to comment in the middle of 'your' discussion you should have taken it to PM. Ill explain to you why i reacted to your comment though:

There are a lot of complaints lately about a toxic environiment on the servers and forum. I am a firm believer of the fact that uninformed negativity adds to that environement. While negativity is sometimes needed (honest feedback based on facts) its useless when its given on wrong information. Implying that 3 days is a reasonable timeframe to change in such a way is, in my eyes, 'wrong information'.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • TheMJ, Yonno

Messages In This Thread
Discussion - Recent survey questions - by Random - 01-02-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:00 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:42 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by Cox - 01-02-2018, 07:37 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:15 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:24 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by Jan - 01-02-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 10:05 PM