UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum'
Posting for 'John Silverthorne's Mum':

Your name: John Silverthrones Mum

Your blacklist ID: 89507

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:57372971

Reason: 'RDM, should know better, just got off a 4 hour blacklist for the same reason.'

Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL:M] Jonas

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: 

Blacklists are designed to punish a 'minge' in order to make them regret breaking the rules intentionally. Please keep that in mind in this case. 

First, I am going to describe the situation:

Myself and several others were based at Villas. We were about to be raided (rather blatantly) by the government and weapons were drawn on both teams. Things were tense and the SRU were clearly trying to find ways to breach our base. Tension was high, and a fight was imminent. One wrong move and shots would clearly be fired in all sorts of directions. 

The occasion itself:

As myself, John Silver and Centurion strolled into the garden we all heard a call from a teammate saying 'SRU in the base!'. As expected, we instantly ran to respond and scanned the garden fence. To this, we saw an SRU, all black, a very large distance away with all arms and legs bent. As we all know when you equip a shotgun you bend your arms and legs and adopt a rather strange position. When panicking, surrounded by police, in danger and seeing someone with a similar shape of a gunner, we all responded with violence. So what happened? I opened fire. 

The video from the victim (MrFinnConlon): 

As you can see, not only is Finn in a strange position (easily mistaken). Furthermore, he is in the dark in black clothing clearly with part of the tree branches in the way. 

If the SRU is in our base, and considering how far through the fence he was this is the case, we have a right to shoot him. We classed it as a breach. We saw an SRU, we knew they were trying to breach and assumed they had succeeded in some way. My reaction was completely just, and I know for a fact many of the staff team themselves would have carried out the same action though what the situation and circumstances were.

Jonas, you're a good lad. However, you were stubborn in the mod sit. Ranging from muting Centurion and John Silver, all the way to displaying a false demonstration to hide a mistake. You denied the possibility to talk about it further and reduce the time to Sort this out. It would have taken minutes on the server, but now days on here. We all get it wrong sometimes. Me especially. Nevertheless, no one would have judged you (or will) if you show some empathy and understand what was happening. You have been seen to kill for far less than that. 

Referring to my beginning point; I was not intending to break the rules in this instance and in many ways I do not believe I did. The blacklist is intended to be given out for minges who have intentionally broken the rules to make other's lives harder on Fearless. That wasn't the case here. It was a pure misunderstanding and resulted in MrFinnConlon being brought back anyway, which we were all in favour for. I hope that MrFinnConlon agrees with what I'm saying because I think how he takes this is important. 

Finally, Id like to say that I am sorry for the inconvenience it has caused. I'm sure it is rather irritating being killed like that. However, I am positive that anyone else in that situation would have done the exact same I did as it was impossible to tell from my distance away. There was no hesitation, just a valid reaction. I hope you will all understand my argument and understand that it was a simple misunderstanding, definitely not deserving of a 6 hour blacklist!

Thank you for reading and reviewing my case.

Messages In This Thread
UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Centurion - 02-16-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Jonas - 02-16-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Centurion - 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Jonas - 02-16-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Random - 02-16-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Centurion - 02-16-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Centurion - 02-16-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Jonas - 02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Centurion - 02-22-2017, 11:23 PM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Awestruck - 02-23-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: UBLR 'John Silverthorne's Mum' - by Create - 02-23-2017, 03:54 PM