UBR - memeSake
Posted on behalf of memeSake:

Ironically, the reason you probably don’t remember is because it’s natural. Nothing out of the ordinary. Normal… friendly… banter.

I don’t remember the exact words either, because once again, it’s normal. Like I’ve already said, and just as Spear above me has said too – a 7 day ban is too much, and a warning would be enough.

Either way, from unbiased views and everything, take yourself out of your shoes and evaluate this situation.

You’ve gone from having me, a guy who meant well and was happy with you, was being friendly with you with no malice – to me now being banned and you showing me such hostility just because you feel triggered from an “insult” that was obviously not meant to upset you…

I understand, trust me I do, that you don’t want the word used against you, but I sincerely apologised to you before you banned me and I explained I didn’t know you were homosexual.. but instead of giving a warning like most people would do, and what Spear had mentioned above, you went ahead and banned me. As soon as you came I showed regret and apologised after finding out that you were homosexual...

I’m asking you to just lift the ban. If you’re not seeing this from such a biased point of view I think you’d agree that I’m simply some guy that was being friendly towards you and just messing around – but you chose to continue to see the insult and malicious even after I apologised and explained myself.

There are things that a mature person does and what a person who is an administrator should do. You are supposed to be a role model of the community, and as such you have a responsibility. You’re showing everyone that you ban first, ask questions later. You didn’t properly let me explain myself as even when I was talking to you explaining everything – you were already typing the ban message. I have years of experience in administrating servers much larger than this one and Soul knows this. I’m sure he trusts my judgement and even he knows that I am not one to start going around intentionally insulting people to upset them. Spear knows this too.

You’re not actually addressing the issue, you’re simply deflecting everything.

And I finish this reply with one simple message, as you like to post exact definitions as if I don’t know what I’m saying: Definition of homophobic: “having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.” Therefore, by pure definition – and as I have no dislike or prejudice against homosexual people, I have not broken the rule you have banned me for. You have chosen to take it this way even though I myself have explained that it was a mere misunderstanding, as well as what other admins have said.

Just lift the ban, we can talk about this like adults and just give me a warning – that is all that is needed. This was a mistake, that’s all. I did not intentionally cause offence.
[Image: psnewsig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
UBR - memeSake - by ShadowPurple - 02-01-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: UBR - memeSake - by Feffe - 02-01-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: UBR - memeSake - by ShadowPurple - 02-01-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: UBR - memeSake - by Spear - 02-01-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: UBR - memeSake - by Feffe - 02-01-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: UBR - memeSake - by ShadowPurple - 02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: UBR - memeSake - by Feffe - 02-01-2017, 10:35 PM