Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp
MacTavish: Laws are RP, not administration.

Holdem: You make some interesting points, let me break them down to show you how they don't apply to Fail RP.

- A chef from stealing a car? (Job Rule: 9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).
- A gun dealer from only selling to his close friends and refusing to sell to other people? (Job Rule: 9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef.) Same situation. A dealer must sell, however there is no rule dictating that he is REQUIRED to sell to everyone anymore.
- A Taxi driver that drives his Taxi and refusing to take customers? (Job Rule: 9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef.) And again, there is no rule stating that a dealer is REQUIRED to do business with anyone.
- A Black market dealer working in a food stall? *sighs* Also 9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).
- SRU from issuing traffic fines? There is no specific ruleset that defines weather or not SRU are allowed to issue tickets. They are government policing persons. They surely CAN issue a ticket should they find the need, however the SRU are not supposed to patrol, so they'd have to witness it first hand and have nothing else going on. Again though, if you really wanted to impart your OPINION on how SRU should operate, use 9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).
- Police from shooting into the air randomly when they want? (Government rule: 12.9 Police can not shoot vehicles unless it is vital that the car needs to be stopped, for example if the driver is putting lives of others at risk. Hot pursuit must be the first option.)
- A fireman refusing to put fires out? Job Rule: ( 9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).

Not one of your examples is actually covered under fail rp. All of your examples fall under different, already existing rules. Just like the knee jerk response to in character racism, you are running on fear logic, not fact logic. All of those things you people think are fail rp, are actually different already listed rule violations. I suggest perhaps going over them and citing the correct rule violation, rather than lazily dumping "Fail RP" in there.

Also, the idea of requiring a shop owner to be forced to sell to everyone is kinda silly. In the USA, a shop owner reserves the right to refuse service to anyone he so decides. This is the exact reasoning that most servers have a player vote for demotion command. Abuses of that system are pretty much impossible with large groups, and even then the logical point is, if you hold majority, you hold majority vote. People don't like when others do it, but really, there isn't anything against it so long as the demotion criteria is met.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • sebasti161

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp - by Old Man Jokhah - 11-25-2016, 02:55 PM