Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp
Feffe: "Since the concept of this gamemode is to simulate real life, in a tasteful fashion, the annoying, but non-harmful behavior should be treated as an in game, rp issue, for police to deal with, not admins with ban hammers." That's part of the original post. you must have missed it. annoying, but non harmful behavior. I've played on a larger Dark RP server, with no fail rp rule, no fear rp rule, no rdm rule, and nearly every job spawns with a weapon and a loaded mag, the damage is higher there, the rules are far more lax, yet overall I see less gunplay, less overall "score" on that server over the course of 6 hours than I do during 2 of FL's "full server" hours.

Zedd: There is nothing to prevent. The rule is bullshit. It should be removed. Fail RP has nothing to do with aggressive/violent/abusive behavior. Those behaviors are already covered within the rules. Fail RP specifically encompasses when people do not LIKE your behavior, or they consider it to be DISRUPTIVE. Hard fact: People can choose to be disruptive for any reason, take a look at Ryan!'s posts, pretty much no reasoning. If the behavior is NON-VIOLENT, it's an RP situation, NOT an ADMIN situation. Aka, Nut the hell up and either call the cops, or handle it.

King Kickass: I'm not going to offer opinion on any courthouse activity for multiple reasons. Mainly, it always leads to more problems then solutions. Best thing I can tell you is, once people understand exact what FAIL RP is, and what other rule violations are, understand how it applies, then we yall can do something about it. I personally don't care. I've grown up dealing with dildos, so I generally hide, do my own thing, and pull guns on everyone I have to interact with so that they are less likely to want to interact with me again. As for any ruling and your opinion on it, figure out exactly what aspect of that ban information actually applies to fail rp? Stealing a car as a citizen..... That's not fail rp, that's a job rule violation. Speaking of that "rule", I think I know my next "essay". Thanks.

Ratato: Hear-say. If there was any evidence of this matter, I'd imagine it would be in the courthouse, not the shithouse.

Agorith: No, I'm completely suggesting flat removing the fail RP rule, as everything players are banned for, hasn't actually been "fail rp" but falls under different rule sections. "Fail RP" encompasses abnormal but non-violent behavior. I can say I'm a cat, meow all day. I'll still be a person, people will just treat me like I'm nucking futs. That's an RP issue, great passive rp booster too for all sorts of reasons, not a ban issue. Just because you don't like how I chose to act, doesn't mean I'm wrong or out of character/context. It just means that you don't understand, and maybe don't care to, you just want it gone. Sad to say, buttercup, but annoying/weird people have just as much rights to play here, and any of the really annoying behavior, is already covered by other rules. (List of common "Fail RP" ban reasons: Doing something as wrong job (job rule violation), screaming nonsense in the mic, at high volume, disrupting everyone's rp (Mic Spam), Killing someone (RDM, potentially also Job rule violation)......

You guys getting it yet? Those things you are using as throw up points, those things you are afraid of people doing if the rule got removed.... That crap is already covered under the rules. You should NOT be able to punish someone for walking down the street, pretending he is whatever he is. You have to accept a few core mechanical truths to your game. Regardless if a person claims to be an alien, cat, dog, extra dimensional being, they are obviously still human. Instead of @omg admun, your penis so huge, come slay minge, huk huk. use /request Need Police/Medical or if your a criminal, perhaps /radio I found us a fall guy, ect.

Don't limit the roleplay potential because you are afraid that people will roll down the street killing one another, yelling N-bombs, ect. Remember how people flipped out about being racist IC, said it would be an everyday every minute thing, but yet it's still a rule here that you CAN be racist as hell IC, and I don't see it very often at all. Maybe once every few sessions, and usually it's me doing it. Because I can. Feelin me yet?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp - by Old Man Jokhah - 11-25-2016, 07:26 AM