Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp
Dear Community Member,

Of all the rules ever created, fail rp is the dumbest.  Fail RP is defined as : 2.5 Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). This includes things such as anti-gravity bathtubs, unrealistic car colors, watermelon fights, etc. when there is no specific roleplay in which they would make sense (i.e. game shows or science roleplays).  While it starts of with one good example of not to make flying bathtubs, it falls flat on it's face at watermelon fights.  Though watermelon fights aren't very logical, they are still a potential in real life.  Unrealistic car colors used to be deemed as any color that changed more than the body color of the vehicle (I.E. Tires, glass, interior), but with car color being in the hands of the player, I don't even know how enforceable this one is anymore.

People have been banned under fail rp for: Roleplaying as things other than their playermodel, repeatedly and exclusively saying John Madden, dancing on cars, dancing in the street, sleeping in odd places or on objects, yolo swag, people who randomly hit windows, stepping on ragdolls, people who acted in a fashion that wasn't appreciated by others.......

If you haven't sorted it out, fail rp is an opinion.  Floating bathtubs are prop abuse.  How many times have you been somewhere, witnessed a full stupid person, watched them do things you would never have expected a normalish by your own standards person to do, and wanted to or actually went and beat the crap out of them.  How many times have you seen stupid people, yelling stupid crap, out of their crap car?  How many times have you seen people decide to lay in the street or somewhere they weren't socially supposed to?  I'm sure you've experienced some of these things.

Now, how many gunfights in civilian areas, dictators making laws like you can't run or that hats were illegal, seen a money printer in someone's home, people walking all over a police crime scene telling them they are stupid, to eff themselves?  Not nearly as likely, yet people here accept this as okay behavior, and the former as fail rp.

Simply put, fail rp is a bullshit rule, that is only in place so that there is an excuse to ban you, should normal rules not prove able to do so.  I've seen people who weren't homeless, sleeping in the middle of the road, hoping to get run over because they were high on drugs.  If you did that on the server, you'd be banned for fail rp.  Since the concept of this gamemode is to simulate real life, in a tasteful fashion, the annoying, but non-harmful behavior should be treated as an in game, rp issue, for police to deal with, not admins with ban hammers.  Hard truth, stupid people exist and do a lot of the things considered to be fail rp, yet the logic for every excuse around here is, it happens in real life, once every 2093849 years, but it happened, so we can go all GTA, but you can't walk down the street repeatedly saying "Matt Damon" because THAT is fail rp?

Seriously......

Sincerely,
Old Man Jokhah
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • sebasti161, Joulle, Balls

Messages In This Thread
Dear Community Member: The Truth about fail rp - by Old Man Jokhah - 11-24-2016, 02:57 AM