UBR Rule 6
Its an interesting idea.

The rule was initially made because we had people on the staff who either didnt have time, or just wouldnt reply to unban requests until the ban was done, or it was forgotten. The staff was then given the bar on the top of the forums showing them if they received any unban requests. This helped a lot and with the one week rule added players couldnt be ignored.

Now what you are saying regarding the players should have a week as well. For the ban requests, I dont think people whould have one week to respond to the br. If you did that, the courthouse would be a mess. BRs should not be instantly closed either and they should have a shot to reply. I think it would be fair to give the players 24 hours to reply to a ban request if they have one on them. Giving the players the same bar on top that the administrators have to know if they have a ban request on them would help exceptionally as well. It would also be an easy addition since it is the same base as the current system they have right now.

For the unban request. I feel two simple changes should be added to fix the current system we have. The first one being that "Under Discussion/Review" should not be used as a bypass to the week review rule. This statement is mainly used as a stall tactic and a decision on an unban request should never take longer than a day or two for most cases. If that allows admins to stall for longer, the case is not being handled properly. The second addition I would personally make is an admin must respond within the first week, and after the initial response, it goes down to two/three days after the defendants counter to the admins response. This would allow the player to feel that their request is being dealt with properly and not being mishandled.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Marty

Messages In This Thread
UBR Rule 6 - by Marty - 09-16-2016, 12:00 AM
RE: UBR Rule 6 - by Fultz - 09-16-2016, 01:07 AM
RE: UBR Rule 6 - by Marty - 09-16-2016, 08:20 AM
RE: UBR Rule 6 - by Falc - 09-16-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: UBR Rule 6 - by Ratatoskrr - 09-16-2016, 09:57 AM