Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike
Your name: [FL:RP] Mike

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16671491

Your ban ID: 69011

Banned by: [FL] Hitman

Reason: Promoting breaking of rule 12.7, breaking FearRP by allowing himself to be shot at behind a riot shield // Was on last chance

Involved: [FL:RP] Random Gamer, [FL:RP] Ukraine, AwestruckBullet, Lt. Blackcoat 

Why we should unban you:

As part of my teams SRU training, we were testing the officers ability to handle the equipment as well as realisitc training for a situation that requires it. At no point did we intend to cause lethal harm to any officer involved in the breach equipment training. We had an officer standing safely to the side to oversee the session and determine if it needed to stop at any point and apply ballistic first-aid if required. 

- SRU were heavily armoured with bullet-proof clothing and also a bullet proof-shield before commencing
- Safety advisor was standing to the side

I would also like to point out that the training was to test the effectiveness of breach equipment whilst interlinked in a roman-like formation vs bullet spray and also concussion effects, so we know exactly how to handle situations when they arise and can prepare for what's coming, this is much like every police officer being sprayed with CS Gas (UK) and Pepper Spray (US) during training to test the effects and understand what it would be like in a genuine situation.

You may say that the spray is non-lethal and cannot be compared to live ammunition however this is why the officers were equipt with ballistic armour and helmets to ensure bullet penetration is non-lethal. 

We also expected the riot shields would be completely ballistic considering they are used by armed civil-servants that deal with situations constantly involving both light and heavy weaponry.

I would like to point out that rule 12.7 should be enforced on those who intentionally break it, for example having an argument with another cop and one fires upon the other, this would be a clear intentional breach of the friendly-fire rule. However we did not expect friendly fire to occur for the above reason and therefore had no intention of supposidly breaking 12.7 and I think the staff should have realised this, understood our purpose and RP reason and maybe warned us that shields do allow bullet penetration, I also believe a blacklist would have been sufficient as the staff dealing with this knew our intentions were not bad. 

I believe that following a 'last warning' a perm ban for breaking 12.7 is trivial as I am not an intentional rule-breaker and have constantly shown within the Fearless community that I am an exerienced roleplay and set up many role-play events with my clan to enhance server entertainment. 

I have shown on many occasions I am a capable player and I think removing me from the community for a supposed rule-break seen here is quite unnessersary given how much I offer the community in return. 

I had a discussion with staff after my 'last warning' was issued and they told me that in order for the perm banned to be implemented it would require another major rule-break such as a DDoS threat or threatening a staff member, etc, and normal punishment would apply for rulebreaks such as CDM, RDM etc.. 

I would like to question how 12.7 being a friendly fire rule, is seen as a much higher rulebreak than that of killing someone such as RDM or CDM that I was told I would not receive a perm for. 

Please see the video below showing us training in a horizontal and solo formation with standard issue bullets and also a concussion grenade. 

Thank you for your time,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-11-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Greed^ - 01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Random - 01-11-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Hitman - 01-11-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Awestruck - 01-11-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-11-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-11-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Avgar - 01-11-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-12-2016, 01:11 AM