Admin abuse | George the boy | Grub
I see no abuse here whatsoever; All I see is some serious Fox News tier mental gymnastics from Jamster - You keep criticizing Viktor's logic and the way in which building has been defined on this server since the beginning, until you had your own ideas about how it should be defined.

As everyone else here has said, unless you specifically define it as RP, for example, a construction site RP, the act of building is OOC - You're using futuristic and unrealistic tools such as a physgun and toolgun to impossibly manipulate props you've spawned from thin air, breaking pretty much every rule of physics whilst doing so. It's OOC. Once the build has been made, then you use it to aid your RP, which is IC. We have never punished staff for using their powers to aid in building RP sites, it wouldn't make any sense - The role of staff on server is to keep the peace and ensure everyone follows the rules, and, optionally, to help enhance RP. Noclip isn't specifically just for catching rulebreakers, it can be used to aid with building too. The reason everyone doesn't have it for building on the main servers is trust issues - It can be abused in raids, or to mess with people, etc. - But we do allow it on the build servers in order to help you build, because there it can't be abused in raids.

I could do this with all of your points, but this is just to try and explain to you how your logic is seriously flawed:

Quote:Also, if building is OOC why were they on the IC server building? Again, by your logic, more failRP. Moreover, you how about another comparison, prop smashing and killing 10 people so I could do a resurrection rp. Two OOC situations compared that would "improve" a future rp.

Building in itself is an OOC action, but everyone has to build at some point and there isn't capacity on the build server for everyone to build there. Building is perfectly acceptable on an IC server - We have an OOC chat after all, don't we? So it stands to reason that other OOC actions are acceptable, and isn't failRP.

Your other comparison, to propsmash people, is in direct violation of our rules, whereas to use noclip to aid building an RP site does not violate any of our rules. If one wishes to do a resurrection (I assume you mean hospital) RP, we have commands for that, /sleep, and there are plenty of injured people from car accidents. Your comparison is, no offence, idiotic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Admin abuse | George the boy | Grub - by Faustie - 08-12-2014, 02:34 PM